AEM Fuel Gauge

SERPENT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At Boomer's suggestion we just installed an AEM fuel gauge and a boost gauge. Problem is -- I don't have any idea what I'm looking at or what these gauges should be reading to run this truck safely without blowing a motor. Any help would be appreciated.

By fuel gauge you mean A/F? If so then the higher the number the leaner you are. That's dangerous. The lower the number the richer you are. That's means you are losing power. The number you are looking for is when under boost. I think 11.5 is a good target number for the paxton guys. Someone else will have to chime in on this one to see if I'm correct.

Boost gauge is the amount of boost your engine is seeing. Normal driving you will see the gauge in a vacuum or all the way up to 0. Once the S/C kicks in you will see the boost climb up to what you are programmed for. The higher the boost the more power you make. Go to high and you risk engine damage.

Between those two gauges I would watch the A/F gauge more then the boost. My boost gauge has a warning light if I ever go over a pre set level.

Thanks. Sorry for the incomplete post. Yes I'm referring to the A/F ratio.

as for boost, obviously 0-8/9 is where you will fall within, but its cool to be able to monitor just in case you get some noises and erratic boost levels you can determine slippage. As for A/f, depending on the tune, @ wot it should be in the 10.5-12.5 wot, some tune real conservative, and some tune slightly on the aggressive side; but within those you should be good.

Seeya!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back