Aftermarket Differential cover

Srt10650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced there differential cover with an aftermarket one? Was there any interference with your rear sway bar? I’ve seen the Mag-Tec differential cover, just trying to see what else is out there. Thanks.

I'm not sure about the 4 door trucks but on the RC's there is a boss on top of the cover that holds a bracket for a shock that runs forward to help control wheel hop.

I haven't seen any after market covers that have that boss. I guess you could elect to just pull that part of the suspension [ shock ] and do without it ? But to my warped way of thinking anything to control hop isn't optional.

Yea, the 4 door trucks don’t have the kicker shock. And the aftermarket differential cover don’t have where to screw on the kicker shock bolt up top. I guess if the regular cab guys wanted to they could just add some cal tracs.

Any aftermarket diff cover wont do any good. Banks did the most extensive videos on you tube on what goes on hack there. He has patent pending on his bank's ram air diff cover with many benefits. So if your thinking of something maybe send banks a email about your diff cover.

Has anyone replaced there differential cover with an aftermarket one? Was there any interference with your rear sway bar? I’ve seen the Mag-Tec differential cover, just trying to see what else is out there. Thanks.
Is there a problem with diff covers???
I would be spending my money on something that will make it 1 go faster or 2 something you can see
Personally I like my diff cover it has a drain plug and is alloy to help cool the oil. Good enough for me since I just changed out my rear end oil

I did see the banks review that they did on the differential covers. I don’t think there’s nothing wrong with our stock one, just wanted to do something different. I went with a B&M cover due to it has the load bolts, my truck is a quad cab so I don’t need the kicker shock bolt on top, and it’s very similar to the stock on inside. Yes the fill plug is higher than stock, but I never fill to the fill plug even on my stock cover. I like the way it looks, also the fact that the drain plug is lower and the magnet can collect more metal shavings. The stock magnet is much higher and can only collect so much. I guess it’s more of a visual mod, like powder coating valve cover, power coating rims and so on. Or even painting our trucks and I know powder coat or paint isn’t cheap. I like the mods, so I’m happy. Here are some pictures below, a little undercarriage eye candy!

Attachments

• 520032D6-0C53-4A71-8A91-234BECF24D0F.jpeg
    520032D6-0C53-4A71-8A91-234BECF24D0F.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 26
  • 0BD53E79-80AB-4664-863F-CE833089BD90.jpeg
    0BD53E79-80AB-4664-863F-CE833089BD90.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 1EC575AA-1B03-441A-83E6-E9B43A5F6547.jpeg
    1EC575AA-1B03-441A-83E6-E9B43A5F6547.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 4409E370-BB20-452C-8C09-DEC85209FC92.jpeg
    4409E370-BB20-452C-8C09-DEC85209FC92.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 67B5FAA4-AC13-4790-A894-537A33DEE262.jpeg
    67B5FAA4-AC13-4790-A894-537A33DEE262.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 26
I did see the banks review that they did on the differential covers. I don’t think there’s nothing wrong with our stock one, just wanted to do something different. I went with a B&M cover due to it has the load bolts, my truck is a quad cab so I don’t need the kicker shock bolt on top, and it’s very similar to the stock on inside. Yes the fill plug is higher than stock, but I never fill to the fill plug even on my stock cover. I like the way it looks, also the fact that the drain plug is lower and the magnet can collect more metal shavings. The stock magnet is much higher and can only collect so much. I guess it’s more of a visual mod, like powder coating valve cover, power coating rims and so on. Or even painting our trucks and I know powder coat or paint isn’t cheap. I like the mods, so I’m happy. Here are some pictures below, a little undercarriage eye candy!
Very nice

Nice set up. Got a question. I had Cal Tracs installed a few months back, and notice a kind of rattle squeaking sound. The bars are tight, but they wiggle inboard to outboard. Is that normal?

Thanks! That’s weird, no noise with mine. Is your truck a RC or QC. Was the cal tracs aluminum bushing used in the front? Was the pre load set after the truck was on its own weight? Was the overload spring removed? Is your leaf spring on top or bottom of you rear axle? Do you have any other suspension mods? Was everything installed per the instructions? Sorry for all the questions just trying to pin point the culprit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back