air inkake worth thinkin about

this will get lots of replies!:D

ok bro here is the just of it.

putting in a k@n filter in the stock air box will make as much hp on our trucks as a cold air intake, allready proven on the dyno.

so with that, it is jsut as feasable to buy whatever you like and think looks good.

and in my opinion Justin makes one of the best looking

but the mopar, K@n, volant, and all others made no more hp than a hi flo in the stock box

This is proven on LX mopars to gain alot of horse power on the wheel dyno, and it gets a thumbs up from the Seatofthepantsometer also. IT's poven to be the best design for the hemi, the venturi effect.

hey i'm definitly not say its bad or not worth it:D

maybe we can get someone to get one and try it:dontknow:

maybe Pm Justin and see if he can build one close to it and get it dynoed for us:rock:

naw the tornado just "spun" the air. This thing is supposed to work off of a pressure drop through the pipe.

"This intake screams like an elephant with a toothache!!!!"

That's funny right there...I wonder what an elephant wiht a tooth ache sounds like???:dontknow: :confused:

I have one on my SRT8. A few guys did a dyno day testing intakes and tested all of them right in a row so the temps were the same and all that.
Airhammer produced consistent measurable gains, about 6RWHP where as others produced none.

I have no stake in the product at all I just thought my Volant blew so I tried this one. Much better.

Tons of LX'ers love the product.

Looks to me like a reeeeeeealy big velocity stack. I could see the shape helping produce smooth airflow and a potential increase of intake velocity. Way unlike the Tornado that was mentioned before. That thing was at best an intake restrictor and turbulence causes more harm than good.:dontknow:

Haha, i bet it would help. :rock: But in all honesty. Don't wanna shoot anyone
down. But 6 RWHP, IMO, won't make too much of a diffrence in our trucks. :dontknow:
Again, JMHO.

Sharpi

Sharpimage said:
Haha, i bet it would help. :rock: But in all honesty. Don't wanna shoot anyone
down. But 6 RWHP, IMO, won't make too much of a diffrence in our trucks. :dontknow:
Again, JMHO.

Sharpi
All the other CAI's sell and make no real gains with our trucks :dontknow: I had a Magnum for two years and remember all the intakes had the same fate as in our trucks until this and a few other mostly home made intakes came out and were able to make some power.

Truth be told: the stock Ram SRT airbox is CAI. It pulls from the fender off of a 'scoop' indent in the grill guard.:idea:

You can't "upgrade" to a CAI if you already have one. If you have a Ram SRT-10... you already have one.:dontknow:

I went to the woodchipper for the smooth plastic pipe, the cotton-gauze cone filter, and the hood scoop connection...:hmmmm2:...and the not-too-stock sound...:p...And I still don't believe that airbox gains can be measured on the dyno without a temperature controlled wind tunnel.:thefinger:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back