Any oil field workers on here?

kyle's srt10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of new members since this question was asked years ago. Just wanted to see if any other forum members have been hit with the low prices?:dontknow:

I worked for Calfrac 7 years and our whole frac department got let go back in June:( Hoping it gets better soon. Luckily the wife has a great job!

Post #5,000 for me!!

I'm a oil field worker. I I'm a b.o.p technician for years now and these low oil field pricing are hurting us all here in west Texas.

Supply boat captain here,pay cuts throughout the different companies and stoppage on benefits like matching your 401k. Drilling on the "shelf" has all but disappeared. Deep water is the only thing keeping us working. Just when you think it can't get worse it does.low gasoline prices are nice ,but we need oil prices to come up to around $80 a barrel and we all would benefit

I agree $80 a barrel will have us all feed and the gas so low is the only good out of it other than that I hate to see all these hard workers loosing there job as ever barrel gets cheaper and cheaper. I also got my 401k not matched as my employer took it away from us dam it's not looking to good.

Here's how ours started.

5% pay cut
PD allowance went from $40 to $25 a day
Stopped matching 401k
2/2 schedule with no pay on off time or option to work
Performance and production bonuses were cut in half

Then came the lay off.

I'm not upset it's just big business. I'm just glad I saved some over the years.

I honestly believe $60 a barrel would put most of us back to work.

Not an oil field worker, but I work at a helicopter manufacturing company that about 85% of our builds are for oil rig companies. They have laid off 1/2 of the workers here and most of the helicopters are being stored since it's cheaper for the oil companies to store them than operate them. It's crazy how a year can change things in an industry.

It's a tough situation to be in. I'm a owner/operator. The low diesel prices were a huge blessing for me this year. Do I realize the jobs being lost because of low oil prices? I sure do. Do I see people lose their companies and lifelong careers because of high prices? I sure do. I am seeing the trucking industry thrive for the first time in half a decade. Owners are able to repair their trucks and be safer now that most of their money isnt going into the fuel tanks.

I wish all of you workers negatively effected by this, the best of luck. Keep your heads above water and eventually I am sure the oil prices will come back up

What is driving the price down? You can't get a straight answer from the media.
What the heck is a bop tech?
It has been slow in the bike business also. Don't think it's all the economy & winter weather. Management seems happy with sending customers down the road.
The lower gas price helps when you use a 10 for a daily driver.

Last edited:
A blow out preventer(b.o.p) is the first source in safety if a oil well desides to blow up they close the Rams, a mechanizem that shuts the well in and that keeps all rig workers safe using a hydraulic accumulator. I service, repair and trouble shoot them on the oil site. As the oil prices go down the prices of gas go down with it and does make it cheaper to drive the 10 around.

A blow out preventer(b.o.p) is the first source in safety if a oil well desides to blow up they close the Rams, a mechanizem that shuts the well in and that keeps all rig workers safe using a hydraulic accumulator. I service, repair and trouble shoot them on the oil site. As the oil prices go down the prices of gas go down with it and does make it cheaper to drive the 10 around.

I :love: cheap gas prices.

I'm not in the oilfield but my sisters husband is. Just got laid off and hasn't been able to find a job yet, so if any of you guys know of work in or around louisiana let me know so I can tell him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'm not in the oilfield but my sisters husband is. Just got laid off and hasn't been able to find a job yet, so if any of you guys know of work in or around louisiana let me know so I can tell him

The best way of snagging an oil field job right now is having contacts.:( There's definatly nothing here in Arkansas. They just stacked the last rigs here until the prices come back up.

Only one way to fix that quickly for our fellow friends in the oil business boys, so let's start putting some more miles on those 10's.

Damn, I havnt seen any that are stacked but I have noticed there aren't any oilfield ships being made

Damn, I havnt seen any that are stacked but I have noticed there aren't any oilfield ships being made

I believe there was almost 1,900 active rigs in mid 2014. It's well under 500 now!

Boomers S5Active

The export ban has been lifted..... don't think that will help with the price of a barrel of oil. ( it's still supply and demand that drives the price) I do like the fact we will not be dependent on OPEC for oil.

i keep hearing this in the news but it seems we get more than 60% of the oil we use from the U.S., Mexico and Canada, none of which are members of OPEC.

i almost went to North Dakota in 2012 to drive a heavy crude truck but never quite pulled the trigger, glad i didn't now

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back