Anybody Remember the Mickey Thompson Super Scavenger Headers!

FATJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These were popular on the old Chargers and RoadRunners. They had a collector probably 30" long and the tubes were equal length but terminated in diffent places in the collector. These headers sounded GREAT and worked very good. I need a set for a 69 RoadRunner 440 in a bad way. Don't care how bad they look or how rotted they are will pay a good price for an old set.

These were popular on the old Chargers and RoadRunners. They had a collector probably 30" long and the tubes were equal length but terminated in diffent places in the collector. These headers sounded GREAT and worked very good. I need a set for a 69 RoadRunner 440 in a bad way. Don't care how bad they look or how rotted they are will pay a good price for an old set.

I have a tech here that is big into old Mopars. I will ask him.

I spent some time on the internets looking for some last night and could not find anything for sale. :dontknow:

I bet I know a guy who has or can get a set.

My buddies friend is a mopar nut with parts everywhere.

I'm thinking if I could find an old set of Gibsons for our truck I could reproduce them. Really. It would need to be Gibsons because there downtubes are straight. Anybody got a junk set?
BTW Gibsons are short tubes, when I finish with them they would be long tubes.

Last edited:
No go on my end, everybody that my tech knows has a bunch of OEM stuff.

I'm thinking if I could find an old set of Gibsons for our truck I could reproduce them. Really. It would need to be Gibsons because there downtubes are straight. Anybody got a junk set?
BTW Gibsons are short tubes, when I finish with them they would be long tubes.

Surely you can find some of these! Hope u do...good luck

Here is a pic. for those that have not seen them.

Attachments

• ATT60305.jpg
    ATT60305.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,475
Here is a pic. for those that have not seen them.

Great pic, Thanks J.R.

Notice how the tubes have a minimum of bends, very similar to the Gibsons. The bends in a regular header are so you can achive equal length tubes that terminate together and next to each other at the collector. The Scavengers are also equal length but the tubes terminate in the collector at different points, that is why the collector is so long. Look inside the collector and the pipe looks like organ tubes all a different termination point. I really think these would be easy to duplicate using an old set of Gibsons. I also need a set that would fit a 69 RoadRunner with a 440.

Great pic, Thanks J.R.

Notice how the tubes have a minimum of bends, very similar to the Gibsons. The bends in a regular header are so you can achive equal length tubes that terminate together and next to each other at the collector. The Scavengers are also equal length but the tubes terminate in the collector at different points, that is why the collector is so long. Look inside the collector and the pipe looks like organ tubes all a different termination point. I really think these would be easy to duplicate using an old set of Gibsons. I also need a set that would fit a 69 RoadRunner with a 440.

Your welcome,I also put you request on another forum that i visit.Patience grasshopper.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back