Anybody Tow With QC?

REOMOTORS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 QC I bought new. I have just bought a Quarter Midget Race Car for my son. I need to get a trailer to haul the car, cart, tools.....

Does anyone haul an enclosed trailer with your SRT? If so, how big (i.e 12', 16', 24')? How much total weight? Did you do anything extra to assist in the towing?

Here's how I brought the Quarter Midget home and have been taking it to the track.....

Thanks,

Richard

Attachments

• CIMG0168.jpg
    CIMG0168.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 80
from what my understanding is, you should be fine with an enclosed trailer especially if a 24 foot, seen SRT hauling very big boats that were over 24feet

there are a few of the 10 owners that tow with there trucks and dont have problems, GL man

Owners manual will tell you how much you can tow! Like the others... I've seen them towing equipment trailers also.

I believe it has a 7500 rating, but don't quote me on that. I think I read that somewhere in an article recently.

first jsut do a search on towing

but I towed our RC with our QC in our 24ft enclosed, total 12,000lbs up thru va, thru the mts, with no probs, and passed many a dually on the way.

pulls like a monster, you just have to use your head, no quick starts, easy on the pedal

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
first jsut do a search on towing

but I towed our RC with our QC in our 24ft enclosed, total 12,000lbs up thru va, thru the mts, with no probs, and passed many a dually on the way.

pulls like a monster, you just have to use your head, no quick starts, easy on the pedal

THANK YOU!!!

This is the real world experience and comments I was looking for. I have the owners manual and technical specs, I want to know how it actually tows.

Was your suspension stock on the QC when you were towing?

Richard

REOMOTORS said:
THANK YOU!!!

This is the real world experience and comments I was looking for. I have the owners manual and technical specs, I want to know how it actually tows.

Richard
Even if it's not stock, you will be fine as long as you are conservative on the gas pedal.;)

REOMOTORS said:
THANK YOU!!!

Richard
bone stock, I had big dave, outnumbered and a few others with me that can verify, the trailor was loaded down pretty good, we wieghed it at a truck stop 11,980lbs, pulled like a bitch too, jsut dont do hard take offs, and easy on the brakes, and get 9mpg:D

When mine was bone stock I towed a few different things. Mustang on a car hauler (~6000lbs) and a 23' Matercraft (8,000 lbs loaded). Towed both long distances down the interstate without a problem. Should have seen the look on one SUV drivers face when he tried to cut me off and I out ran him with Mustang in tow. If you're lowered or plan to lower you will prob need helper air bags on the rear depending on how much tongue weight you're carrying. Recommend getting a big enough trailer to have its own brakes just to save wear on the truck ones.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
bone stock, I had big dave, outnumbered and a few others with me that can verify, the trailor was loaded down pretty good, we wieghed it at a truck stop 11,980lbs, pulled like a bitch too, jsut dont do hard take offs, and easy on the brakes, and get 9mpg:D

Thanks, I would like a 24' even though it is overkill for the Quarter Midget, it would allow me to tow some of the other cars.

Thanks again,

Richard

Scrambler1 said:
When mine was bone stock I towed a few different things. Mustang on a car hauler (~6000lbs) and a 23' Matercraft (8,000 lbs loaded). Towed both long distances down the interstate without a problem. Should have seen the look on one SUV drivers face when he tried to cut me off and I out ran him with Mustang in tow. If you're lowered or plan to lower you will prob need helper air bags on the rear depending on how much tongue weight you're carrying. Recommend getting a big enough trailer to have its own brakes just to save wear on the truck ones.

Thanks for the feedback.

Richard

FATJACK said:
Thats gotta be fun!!!

I wish I was 7 years old! He is having a blast. This Sunday, weather permitting, will be his first official race.

Attachments

• IMG_1783.jpg
    IMG_1783.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 26
I tow with mine all the time. I have a 30 foot flatbed that hauls all the toys. you just have to be easy on the pedal.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back