Atlanta Dragway Racing 19 May

ROKTMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your Viper Powered Ram SRT-10 ready for the 1/4 Mile Strip at the SRT Nationals and the Mopar Nationals?????????????????
How about your reaction time off the line?????
How about your Timing when Shifting those Gears????
Now you can make sure you are READY!!

You can find out how you and your truck performs on the 1/4 mile strip. You make adjustments to your truck to obtain the best performance and practice, practice, practice.

If your not able to go to the SRT Nationals or the Mopar Nationals, then find out how you and your truck perform on a 1/4 mile strip!!!!!! Then you can brag and boost about the awesome SPEED!!!

I have arranged for a FULL DAY OF TEST AND TUNE at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerece, Ga. THIS EVENT WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS, even if I am the only one there!
This will be an unlimited day of running the 1/4 mile. You can run a few, adjust your truck and run a few more. You can practice the GREEN LIGHT timing and THIRD GEAR SHIFTING.

THE DATE IS FRIDAY - MAY 19th. The times are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The cost is $100.00 per truck. This includes the following.
* Access to one lane on the dragstrip, designated areas in the parking lots, control tower, spectator seating and restroom facilities.
* One Advanced Life Support Ambulance with 1 Medic and 1 EMT
* One Fire Truck with 2 Firefighters
* Sweeper
* Wrecker Service
* Event Supervisor
* Tech Inspection
* NHRA Commercial General Liability and participant Accident Coverage

I am not making any profit off of this event. The cost of $100.00 is the cost I am being charged for this event.
THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO 30 TRUCKS, unfortunately. So, you will be able to run to your hearts content or until you run out of rubber.

LETS MAKE OUR TRUCKS AS FAST AS POSSiBILE AND OUR DRIVERS AS QUiCK AS POSSIBLE!!

To register for this Test & Tune Day send me an EMAIL to [email protected].
I will need the following information to be included in the email.
* Your SRT-10 Forum Screen Name
* Your real name and a contact number
* Year of your truck and if it is RC or QC
* Are you a Supprting Sponsor of SRT10 Forum

I will reply with a Reservation Number and information so you can Pre-Pay, which will reduce my time at the track accepting money and registration. Pre-Payment is not a requirement and will not be necessary to send until April. The email will have an attachment for the waivers which MUST BE SIGNED. Upon receipt of your EMAIL, I will add you to the list of Participants.
If it RAINS that day. IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER DAY. If anyone has Pre-Paid and can not make it on the other date, I will refund your money. The Pre-Pay is NOT REQUIRED.

I am being asked about the second lane and racing between ourselves? If I am able to set this up, it will be contingent on a minimum number of participants. I am willing to commit, financially, to a second lane ONLY if I know that I will not lose the difference. I am committed to scheduling events for all us to enjoy and do not mind committing my money to do it. I know that a certain club for us is being organized and will be able to schedule these types of events. But, until that day, I will sponsor this type of an event, annually.

If you want to perform any DRAG RACING that same day, the Atlanta Dragway has a GRUDGE Race that night. The cost is separate from the Test & Tune. This event is hosted by Atlanta Dragway and is NOT INCLUDED in the Test & Tune. For more information you can go to their website at
www.atlantadragway.com

Hotels - There are several in the Commerce Ga Area and the Athens Ga area. I was not able to reserve a block of rooms with any Hotel. I will be staying at the Red Roof Inn on Eisenhower Dr.

Thanks Dave for updating this site with the Atlanta Test & Tune Info.
A total of three members showed, 4 including myself. I will be posting some pics and video of the event. We had an awesome time. I ran eight times, Chris about 10, Kyle about 6-8, Jeff ran the most at about 12 and Andy had about 8. We could have ran more, but we stood around talking and letting the engines, clutchs cool down.
Hey Chris, Kyle, Jeff and Andy, post your times when you guys read this!!!! :)

Attached are some pics. My son Kyle did a best of 14.38 at 99.4 mph (not bad for a 16 year old who had his license for 2 months). I did a 13.89 at 101.98 mph. I know, I was rusty. But, considering we had a 15-20 mph steady headwind, I guess it's no too bad.

Attachments

• DSC00168 (Large).JPG
    DSC00168 (Large).JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00145 (Large).JPG
    DSC00145 (Large).JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00147 (Large).JPG
    DSC00147 (Large).JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 466
Sorry I didn't get the word...next time MarcT, Perm, BigBlkQC and I will try to make it....damn, I've got to cut more time into the schedule to read the threads!

Maybe I should try to arrange the same at Gainesville...think we could get a bigger crowd?

Last edited:
I was out of town, otherwise if I had known.......:p

Wish I had been able to make it back to town. Thanks for letting my brother run his sorry Mustang! Too bad the supercharger ate the belt.

Scrambler1 said:
Wish I had been able to make it back to town. Thanks for letting my brother run his sorry Mustang! Too bad the supercharger ate the belt.

Jeff had a great time!!!! All of us kept trying to get him to go get your truck:rock:
Whats another belt or two:) :)

I hope you are able to make it NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

It will be around the same time, middle of May 2007.
This gives me a year to get some things together for everyone.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back