Average Cost?

fasnuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what would, or should average cost be to replace a clutch, labor price. I have called a couple of our performance shops in the area, I have a shop offering parts and labor for 3k. Says he will upgrade hydraulics, and all this and that, but cant explain his defenition of hydraulic upgrade, wether it will be the same plastic parts or the aluminum real upgrade parts. I have another shop that says he will put a good clutch replace the flywheel and all that good stuff, basically all the other guy will do minus the hydraulic upgrade for 750-800. I know the kit is like close to 2k with the clutch, viper hydraulics, and aluminum flywheel, but a grand in labor? The other guy, may be a little to low, that kind of worried me lol. just another question of curiosity.

i paid $500 labor to r&r the trans and install the clutch.

i provided the parts:

new oem slave: $150
new oem master: 150
new oem flywheel: 150
spec stage 1 clutch/pp/tob: 400

so $850 parts/$500 labor is $1,350.

i also bought the dodge trans fluid and had him do a drain and fill for $125.

i was out for under $1,500.

i don't see the need for all the viper stuff and the upgrades unless you're making big power...

3K is too much.

For that you can buy a billet twin disc, flywheel, Tony's updated master and slave and then still have $1000 available for labor.

a good clutch is about $600 one that you shouldnt wear out, hydraulics non oem are about $500

it all depends if you wnat to do it once or twice

Thanks guys, and Tony. I have talked to Tony a couple times about parts, and will be contacting him soon about making an order lol. I did get your last email Tony, and I haunt forgot about you lol. Things have put me behind, between finding a cracked wheel, and finding out my wife is pregnant with twins! It's been a little stressful around here lately lol. I will be getting with you on some parts soon though. Thanks.

Thanks guys, and Tony. I have talked to Tony a couple times about parts, and will be contacting him soon about making an order lol. I did get your last email Tony, and I haunt forgot about you lol. Things have put me behind, between finding a cracked wheel, and finding out my wife is pregnant with twins! It's been a little stressful around here lately lol. I will be getting with you on some parts soon though. Thanks.

congrats on the baby man! hey no worries buddy, I have had a few things going this week and today is the first day i got to get back in the shop, i got lots of phone calls to return lol, but cool things happening too;)

Back