Bad Snakes truck thread.

BAD SNAKE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the truck for a little while but when I picked it up there seemed to be some things that where half assed that bothered me with the truck so I thought I would start with a little summer cleaning.
22bccf94.jpg

The engine bay seems messy wires going every where: far form neat.
b0422176.jpg

7343a8df.jpg

73fceb69.jpg

Then backed it into the garage where a little work has started.
a83cd09f.jpg

d5cadb5d.jpg

Now I'm trying to fix this hot mess of supposed professional wiring job for the Vec 3III. I would like to put it in the cab to keep it out of the elements and away from heat. My intension is to do a wire tuck/hide as much of the wiring as possible.
edd7c7a6.jpg

That's not a little work, that's A LOT of work!!

does the sct just flash the oem ECU? The vec was on the truck when i got it with wires running everywhere so I'm looking for a wiring diagram.

Yes, the SCT is a plug in flasher that reprograms the OEM pcm.

Upon futher inspection looks like I may replace some A/c lines as they were rubbing on other components.
4dc34519.jpg

And the fender liner was rubbing on the upper control arm on the passenger side so ill grove the new one so it don't hit. Also let me know where to get replace fender liners?
Thanks
774c02b9.jpg

Thanks boss, is it common for it to be super dirty from all the road grime? And how many oem pieces of plastic are supposed to be under the engine to keep all the road grime out? cheers J

Is there a special tool I need to disconnect these A/c lines so I can get some new ones made?

aclines1.jpg

There is a tool, fuel line and A/C quick disconnects. Any competent auto parts store will have them and/or know what you are talking about.

Wait a minute, if you don't have the tools for the A/C how the heck did you disconnect the fuel line at the rear of the fuel rail to get the engine out?

I got my a/c tools and removed the lines to take to a buddies shop to make some new ones that I can route around the engine bay the way I want them.

My brake lines are on hold hold at the moment,My buddy thought it might be easier to bend them when he has the truck in the shop. So I decided to repaint the truck since I already had the motor out. So I got prepping and removing everything.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back