BBK or no

In my Opinion... it is not worth the extra 9 hp at 5000 rpm. There are alot of idle surging after installing the BBK. I have one but not really liking it. just my 2 cents.... save your money and get some hardened pushrods . That is money better spent.

Jtsv or Roe is the best way to roll .

BBK had a lot of issues when they first came out and some still do .Throttle hanging and surging .

I had three of them .The first one was a mess ,shaft kept hanging and sticking open .I sent it back and they set another new one right out ,after 6 months same thing .I sent it back and the third was WAY better but every great once and awhile it would hang at 2000 rpm till I bump pedal just a bit then it was ok .

But I have heard they are better made with out as many issues now .:dontknow:

I have Tony's & Rick (PhxPoolGuy) has a Roe. We both like what we have. Check those two out before you buy.

JMB ,Venomous1 and ROE have been excellent places I've dealt with,I have an X-metal single blade and haven't had any problems at all.

Some of the other TB's require you to use the shaft and springs from your current TB. The BBK is 100% complete as is.

That being said, I've had 2 BBK's, an earlier one for my truck which did have a sticking issue and a later one on a Viper that was 100% perfect.

I would stay away from the x-metal ones, I have some experience there as well.

--CC

I had a BBK throttle body. Throttle would stick and surge like hell.

Currently have a JTSVP throttle body. Had to do extensive honing so that the throttle blades would not contact the TB walls and stick. Also have a strange whistle now.

I had a BBK throttle body. Throttle would stick and surge like hell.

Currently have a JTSVP throttle body. Had to do extensive honing so that the throttle blades would not contact the TB walls and stick. Also have a strange whistle now.

Same here. Had mine off & on, 3x to get it just right.
Its the nitros feed plugs in the TB that give us a distinctive sound.

Same here. Had mine off & on, 3x to get it just right.
Its the nitros feed plugs in the TB that give us a distinctive sound.

I used thread sealer on those plugs and the sound didn't change.

It's annoying.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back