Best clutch for s/c 10

yellow446

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys . What would be best clutch for 10 with a Row s/c on 10psi . Truck use to have spec stage 3 but it started sleeping after 4000 miles .

You'll need a Mcloud or similar twin or triple disc to hold and last. That spec wasn't even close to having that capacity sir. I also have another company that makes a clutch that's pretty close to Mcloud that's awesome and reasonably priced. Be glad to help ya with any parts you need sir. :rock:

I've been offline for so long I forgot my password.
Anyways the truck had a centerforce clutch put in 5-6years ago. I finally got the truck running and put on about 2000 km this year and the clutch is done as soon as you start to lay into it it slips. Total miles on the centreforce is 6000km and 19000km on the truck. I've been looking at getting the spec stage 3+, clutchmasters FX400 6puck, also looking at the ram 9.5N and 10.5N.

You would be fine with the spec 3+. I have first hand experience with a roe truck near me that makes over 700 whp/wtq that has been running issue free for over 3 yrs.

How did you break the centerforce in?
Justin

Fairly nicely to what I can remember I know I was easy for the first 500km, I bought the clutch and slave from you years ago. It was fine with 5-6# stock until the motor was built and more boost added...

Glad to hear you are back on the road. What did she dyno?

Fairly nicely to what I can remember I know I was easy for the first 500km, I bought the clutch and slave from you years ago. It was fine with 5-6# stock until the motor was built and more boost added...

Hmm thats odd, I beat on mine constantly and made 800wtq and it never slipped with that few miles, I got consistently ~25K miles out of them with lots of track time and towing. We've done trucks at 800+ whp and wtq and no slip issues either. Usually beating on it on the break in or not prepping/replacing the flywheel is the main problem with any clutch slipping.

Justin

Hmm thats odd, I beat on mine constantly and made 800wtq and it never slipped with that few miles, I got consistently ~25K miles out of them with lots of track time and towing. We've done trucks at 800+ whp and wtq and no slip issues either. Usually beating on it on the break in or not prepping/replacing the flywheel is the main problem with any clutch slipping.

Justin

Exactly! I swear by Centerforce but if not mated to a machined flywheel and been balanced together then I could see issue. I would say he's at the threshold but should've latest much longer nonetheless.

Glad to hear you are back on the road. What did she dyno?

Thanks, haven't dynoed it yet. Can't slips too bad. Finally got enough miles on it that I can trust the motor not to seize up a 4th time or start to make weird noises wether I'm driving it hard or just starting it.

It has been a hell of a build for sure. I'm sure you will get the clutch sorted out.

Instructions in the box say 500 easy miles, no clutch drops, high rpm shifts, wot, etc.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back