Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other option/vendor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

texastonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked all over the boards and found many opinions. From what I have read Tony's TB seems to be the one to use but most of those trucks were N/A motors.

What is best for a SC application? Single blade? BBK, Tony's Venom? or something entirely different?

I have the paxton SC on my motor.

I had a single blade X-metal on my paxton truck and I was extremely annoyed with it, most of the time it would get stuck in the open just a tiny bit and I would have to re-adjust and re-adjust the dam thing. I would say go for something that is similar to the stock set-up personally but that's just my opinion.

When the incoming air is pressurized I wouldn't think it would make much difference. Tonys TB has proven driveability and apparently flows much better than stock.

I installed Tony's TB on my Roe and was amazed at how much better the throttle response was compared with the single blade....

This was not something that was SOTP.....I had my dealer install the TB....My dealer is also a Jag dealer...they have 1 Jag tech and he has always been enthralled by my truck...

The tech had finished the install and was goosing the throttle when the Jag tech walked over and inquired about what mod we had done now....he said the throttle response caught his attention from 100' away...

I have a couple ported BBKs going out to be checked, but Da1cheif changed from the BBK to ours and said you couldnt pay him to put the BBK back on?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I have a couple ported BBKs going out to be checked, but Da1cheif changed from the BBK to ours and said you couldnt pay him to put the BBK back on?

Yeah...I was there when you installed the TB on his truck....when him & Eddie came back from the test drive he looked like a 8 yr old kid that got the bicycle he wanted for christmas....was all he talked about that evening..

This backs up my reading on other posts. Tony, can you shoot me a $$ on your TB? Did not see it on your site for some reason?

Your such a good sales person :D :p

not me buddy, thats jsut what the customers say:)

tex its $210 exchanged with your old one, and your choice of powder coated color sir, dont have them on the site, becuase I havent been able to get caught up on orders, as soon as I get one back it gets ported and back out, I think if not mistaken I have two in now, they are allready spoken for , but just sent one to ketchum, and he should be sending me his back soon, if you want it done let me know good sir

I think both work great. For someone to say they changed from the BBk to yours and said you couldnt pay him to put the BBK back on. ( QUOTE ) I say put it on the Dyno and prove It.....:dontknow:

dyno numbers are probably close to the same I would imagine, but so many BBK owners have had problems with sticking and idling, that they just gave up

NVR2OLD said:
I think both work great. For someone to say they changed from the BBk to yours and said you couldnt pay him to put the BBK back on. ( QUOTE ) I say put it on the Dyno and prove It.....:dontknow:

I was there when it was said.....and I installed one myself....plus tony nor anyone else has said that it will give more HP...it might and it might not..:dontknow: ...Throttle response has been the most noted plus...throttle response cant be measured on a dyno...takes SOTP...;)

NVR2OLD said:
i drove the truck myself and was suprised by how much Stinker's performed over the BBK. you definately could tell a difference, just my opinion. i wouldnt fool with a single blade. the drivability suck with them. had one on my truck with the Roe and hated it.

I noticed lot better throttle responce after I installed my BBK and have had no trouble with my BBk sticking. Also made 446 HP on the Dyno with a tune and all 4 stock cats.

I also know a ported TB will work better than stock TB, but it piss me off when someone said a BBK dosn't work as well as a ported TB with out proving it.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back