Bilstein Question

jimmyg79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the local auto part store and ordered the complete set of Bilstein shocks for the truck. I keep second guessing them being it seems that anything for our truck is damn neer impossible to pick up from the local store. The shocks are in and the part numbers are BE5-2550-H1 and BE5-6927-HO. I did a quick online double check and they're showing up on 02-06 ram 1500 RWD and the 06-08 Mega Cab. This leads me to belive that these aren't the ones. Maybe I'm wrong?

So here's the scoop. I just got off the phone with Bilstein and they currently do not produce anything for our trucks at this time. He said they have some contract issues with Chrysler. Being in the automotive manufacturing business myself I think he means Chrysler owes them $$ and Bilstein is saying we don't want to even bother anymore.

So they are going to screw the customers that had nothing to do with Chrysler ???? Maybe it's time to do business with another company.. What other shocks are available for the 10 ---Stock or not??????

This is a Job for the master TONY you have a call...:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

the ones at autozip usually may work, but problem being is they are valved for a hemi, at last time I checked you could only get the ones for our truck at the dealer, the 06 shocks? you dont even want to freakin ask, they were like the front bumpers, astronomical,

now the 04/05 if I remember were reasonably priced,

but I can also get rancho 9 way adjsutables now also, so to me that is a good viable option

if you want Jimmy , shoot me a pm jsut saying yes, and your last nine of your vin and which shocks you need and I can check and see if I can find some hiding somewhere

Rock Auto lists three (ACDelco, KYB, and Rancho), but they're all cross-listed as 4WD shocks.

so everyone that needs new shocks just go to the dealer? It kinda hard to believe that onone offers a aftermarket shock for the srt.....

505'sFastestViper. said:

yea i inquired about them awhile back and most people said that there not the best on the street...even worse on a qc so i decided to veer away from them since i'll only be an occasional track guy and prefer nice street manners versus 1 or 2 tenths faster.....

jimmyg79 said:
I went to the local auto part store and ordered the complete set of Bilstein shocks for the truck. I keep second guessing them being it seems that anything for our truck is damn neer impossible to pick up from the local store. The shocks are in and the part numbers are BE5-2550-H1 and BE5-6927-HO. I did a quick online double check and they're showing up on 02-06 ram 1500 RWD and the 06-08 Mega Cab. This leads me to belive that these aren't the ones. Maybe I'm wrong?

i have a set of shocks that came with my lowering kit from X-metal

if you want them there your's

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back