Boomer front spring (lowering kit) questions

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone (or Boomer) know the characteristics of his front springs for the lowering kit? I'm just curious if its a different spring rate then stock as well as the other parameters (cant think of the correct terminology) that would make it different then the current stock spring (minus the 1 inch) in the truck.

Yep, it's a different spring rate, not just shorter. Cutting your stock springs will now give you the same affect.

Silverback said:
Yep, it's a different spring rate, not just shorter. Cutting your stock springs will now give you the same affect.

You mean NOT give you the same effect , don't you ? :confused: :dontknow:

Maybe this will help:

What all is included in the lowering kit? Is it just springs or do they include other things like bushings, bump stops, shocks, bumpsteer kit...? Are the springs linear or progressive rate and what are the spring rates of both the ones in the kit and the stockers? What are the stockers? Is bumpsteer introduced that needs to be compensated with by a bumpsteer kit? How is the suspension roll center affected? Do any bump stops need to be trimmed? For the rear...# of leaves, rates, need to trim bump stops, how different from stock??? Is the ability to align the vehicle and tire wear affected?

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Maybe this will help:

What all is included in the lowering kit? Is it just springs or do they include other things like bushings, bump stops, shocks, bumpsteer kit...? Are the springs linear or progressive rate and what are the spring rates of both the ones in the kit and the stockers? What are the stockers? Is bumpsteer introduced that needs to be compensated with by a bumpsteer kit? How is the suspension roll center affected? Do any bump stops need to be trimmed? For the rear...# of leaves, rates, need to trim bump stops, how different from stock??? Is the ability to align the vehicle and tire wear affected?

Dave,
Here is a link from one of our members here.... http://www.maui.net/~mauitom/boomer.html

Your 04 is basically the same as my 05. 06's are quite a bit different in the front. I did a few things different when I installed mine then what the link states but in short....front kit includes new springs of a different spring rate, new bump stops and shocks. Rear is spacer blocks, ubolts and shocks.

Some have had to do slight modification to get proper alignment others have not. Really depends where within the adjustment range your truck currently sits. Mine was near the limits and required opening up the slots to get alignment within spec. Hardest part was finding an alignment shop who could get the truck up on the rack without damaging the front end. Bumpsteer seems to be limited to 06's only. The front bumps have to be removed. Factory welded them on. A few passes with the diecutter and a good wack with the sledge hammer had them off. I dressed the now bare metal and then followed up with frame paint from Eastwood.com Was a good match to the factory finish. In the rear you are simply installing the spacer block and new ubolts. Nothing else to alter/change.

If you intend to install the kit yourself I'll give you some tips to make it very easy. Install as posted above makes it almost imperative you have another set of hands. My wife gave up long ago helping in the garage so I did both front and rear a bit different but made it easy to do by myself. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back