Brakes 04 to 05 conversion

spdrcrj

Reaction score
Dragon,

I have an '04 RC. Are the front brakes 2 piston calipers and did they go to 4 piston in '05? If so, can I change out the calipers, do you offer them, and if so, how much for the pair?

Thank You,
Jim

as a quick response i can see that the knuckle, hub and roter are all the same. as for the mounting on the calipers to the knuckle it looks to be the same for the 2004 to 2005 so all you would need would be the calipers and a few extra parts.
the parts being
left and right calipers
brake caliper sleeve X 2
brake caliper bolt x 2
pad kit
cross tubes X 2(i think you will need these)

total on all of these including shipping is $500.00

thanks man

wow...so a 04 conversion to 05 brake setup for 500 inc. calipers??!!

sounds like a great deal...thanks Patrick 11/23

-Patrick - 3/23

Thanks for the info Patrick. I'll be giving you a call to order them when I return (about a month).

Jim

spdrcrj said:
Thanks for the info Patrick. I'll be giving you a call to order them when I return (about a month).

Jim

I changed out mine.I didnt have new cross tubes, so since i was half way into it , I just carefully altered the 04 ones and ground the tab off the back of the 05 claipers and it has worked great for the last 2000-3000 miles.I do notice though that i have a little more squeeking from the 05's.Probably the pads.I will be switching to the EBC green pads after these wear out.

cool thanks for the extra info. except for the squeek did you notice diffrance in stopping power? was it worth the time and money to convert it?

thank you

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back