Buying crap from china

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, and Debates' started by 05srt10carson, Aug 2, 2011.

1. 05srt10carson

05srt10carson Full Access Member

AUGUST 1st to Sept. 1st

*Well over 50 yrs ago I knew a lady who would not buy Christmas gifts, if they were made in China . Her daughter will recognize her in the following.

Did y'all see*Diane Sawyer's*special report? They removed A LL items from a typical middle class family's home, that were not made in the US A .

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During*the special they*showed truckloads of items - US A made - being*brought in to replace everything and*talked about how to find these*items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said " if every A merican spent just $64*more than normal on US A made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs "!

I W A S BUYING FOOD THE OTHER D A Y A T W A LM A RT and ON THE L A BEL OF SOME PRODUCTS*IT S A ID ' FROM CHIN A '.

FOR EX A MPLE THE "OUR F A MILY" BR A ND OF THE M A ND A RIN OR A NGES S A YS RIGHT ON THE C A N, ' FROM CHIN A '.

I W A S SHOCKED. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BR A ND OR THE DOLE BR A ND, SINCE IT'S FROM C A LIF.

A re we A mericans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not*think.*The Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and*even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in A merican markets.*

70% of A mericans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT*YOURSELF, A MERIC A !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another*product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent we are on Chinese*products, and you will be equally amazed at what we can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real*ones and benefit some A merican farmer. Easter is just an example. The point*is, do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control*on your own.

THINK A BOUT THIS: If 200 million A mericans each refuse to buy just $20*of*Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on* A ug. 1st and continue it until*Sept. 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their A merican exports. Then they might have to ask*themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and*lawlessness were worth it.

Remember,* A ugust 1st*to Sept. 1st!!!!!! ST A RT NOW.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are A mericans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WH A T WE GET!

Pass it on, A merica ....
    Well instead of doing it for just 1 month why not try to do it all the time.

2. RAMDUDE

RAMDUDE DOGFATHER Supporting Member

what is up with the spelling here? so many spaces and gaps in words.

3. caveman

caveman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I buy foreign products because they typically are superior products. Sometimes they happen to come at a lesser price. The idea that the Chinese build junk, is false. I work for a manufacturing company. We frequently source components from China. Not because the price is lower, in this case it isn't. We do so because for the same price, we receive a far better product from China.

The same goes for my personal life. For example: I buy Japanese guitars because I can get a better built instrument for less money. Another example: I love my Mopars. But go for a ride in any American car, at any price point, then go drive a Lexus. There is no comparison.

Americans do not build the best products in the world. As a nation we have become complacent. If an American company wants me to buy their product, all they need to do is build a product that is worth buying.

Our country was once full of men who marched to the beat of their own drums. We innovated. We took pride in what we created. And we produced. In my opinion, Anyone asking my to buy an inferior product, simply because it is "Made In America", is asking me to do something that is, well, un-American.

Just my 2 cents,
    -Chris

4. VIPR PWR

VIPR PWR Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh , oh , oh ...... I’ll bet some can say more about this old thread lol. Tariffs tariffs tariffs !
    Caveman if your here ... what product aren’t made in China ! Lol

5. rottenronnie

rottenronnie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What an interesting thread. The Chinese are experts at making things to order. Like any other country/company, they would ask "Do you want cheap or good?"
    I have a friend that works at FCA. He told me people would be astounded if they new how many Chinese parts are in their vehicles.
    They can design, build and ship parts for 1/3 the cost of walking across the street in Detroit. How DO you compete with that?

6. VIPR PWR

VIPR PWR Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Interesting to say the least .. especially with what’s going on with trade and tariffs these days .. was just looking around at old threads and came across this one ... since I am pretty invested in the markets it made it even more interesting,, yet Volatile lol...

Years ago I asked my GF to look around stores for products that are tagged Made in America ... I also looked ... she is a shopaholic.. every store we went to ,Walmart , Kmart ,shoe stores and craft stores etc , the only things We found were American flags , and Kmart had napkin holders .. I excepted to find more than that ... most everything is cheaply made garbage in my opinion . I was completely at a loss . Have American companies and all our manufacturing gone to China ? It appears so .. I for one can’t believe that America has allowed Companies and manufacturing to go to a Communist country .. Hell Communist countries are the enemy , aren’t they ? Lol !

Well in today’s world under President Trump and agreed with , even by Republicans and Democrats alike . they are .. and the trade war is underway .. many companies are now moving out of China to other countries or bringing manufacturing back to America ..
    Our trucks lol as I say, Made in China , assembled in Mexico lol !
    Yes, there are a lot of cheap garbage parts on our trucks .

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  7. andrew heywood

andrew heywood Full Access Member

8. andrew heywood

Amen Boss.....cant stand CDJR steelerships have merchandise made in china......nice breakdown of dividends

9. andrew heywood

20190817_134601.jpg

VIPR PWR likes this.
  10. andrew heywood

did my brakes a while back on my Black Ram Express....and noticed the wheels are made in china...broke my heart...i believe china is a manufacturing colossus....my problem is doing business with communist countries.....its a very international world....Chinese people gotta eat too.....it would be bitchin if the new autos were100% USA....

VIPR PWR likes this.