Bypass cooler

bigike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I've always thought that this did nothing but, after driving it and taking temerature differential readings.

I'm getting 110-115 on the inlet side and 85-90 on the cold side.

So it does do something. Heck even if it just cools the blower off boost, it will help when you come on boost, but would be useless while in boost.

I would like to see some pix as well. I'm having one fabricated for mine. The guy who will be doing my build said it keeps the overall temp of the blower down substantially. So it can't hurt, and it's pretty cheap

sure - what do you want to know ?

The SC builds heat as the air bypasses. When the air goes through the SC once, under boost, it actually runs a little cooler.
The SC has internal compression, so the bypass cooler can keep temps lower on higher boost (10+ psi) applications where the blower is spinning faster.
Once you’re at boost, it’s closed and doesn’t matter.

Hmmm... The bypass is for when you let off the gas. So why cool it? It will cool itself when releasing it's pressure. The ROE's really need an efficient intercooler . They have instantaneous boost Pressure which creates heat soaking of the combustion air , which , inturn , creates detonation ! Adding water/meth mix to the incoming air helps by stealing the heat for evaporation but richens the mixture, that is difficult to tune properly and safely!

Find out more on how they work! From my understanding you get a little gulp of cool air and then its gone?? its not a continiuos cool down like an intercooler from what I gather and how its piped???

Hmmm... The bypass is for when you let off the gas. So why cool it? It will cool itself when releasing it's pressure. The ROE's really need an efficient intercooler . They have instantaneous boost Pressure which creates heat soaking of the combustion air , which , inturn , creates detonation ! Adding water/meth mix to the incoming air helps by stealing the heat for evaporation but richens the mixture, that is difficult to tune properly and safely!

Thats exactly how I understand it too!

Find out more on how they work! From my understanding you get a little gulp of cool air and then its gone?? its not a continiuos cool down like an intercooler from what I gather and how its piped???

It keeps the blower case itself cooler as well which helps, before the bypass cooler you couldn't touch the roe on lovethistruck's truck running only 5psi, after the cooler was put on you could run it for an hour and it would only be Luke warm. Wouldn't help with a continuous boost situation but would help with heat soak

It keeps the blower case itself cooler as well which helps, before the bypass cooler you couldn't touch the roe on lovethistruck's truck running only 5psi, after the cooler was put on you could run it for an hour and it would only be Luke warm. Wouldn't help with a continuous boost situation but would help with heat soak

Ohhhhh, well that makes a lil more sense then! I wasn't real sure of the point of it if it doesn't help under boost, cause that's when I was having my detonation issues when I had my ROE on my truck, thanks for the clarification ARRESTmeRed04

I didn't see any point in it either untill seeing/feeling the difference on lovethistruck's truck

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back