Discussion in 'Visual Mods' started by VNM PWRD, Jun 25, 2007.
How to prepare for a car show:dontknow:
step 1) buy a car.....
We have two but .... thought I would enter the truck
step 2) remove the silly wing
Its not fast enough to have to remove the pedestal spoiler
step 3) remove all the change and cig bitts that I saw in the truck last time
The R/C is treated like beauty queen she gets a wash twice a week and wax at least once a week ... some times more.
step 4) send Judge pis of the girls....
come on I need some real coaching .....you should bring the Tank and take 1st place
Engine, Wheels, Interior, Exterior, Wash, Wax....theres not really too much more than that.
Then when you get to the show have your favorite kind of detailer and microfiber towels on hand to wipe it down. Also helps to shine the tires after you get there...Otherwise you might just have to wipe it off your truck.
Start detailing everything now, do not stop detailing or drive untill show..............
Find out what the judges favorite things in life are, and send a large supply of said whatever, to each judges house 3 days before competition.............
GET SOME CHAIRS, BEER, SUN GLASSES SO WIFE DOESN'T KNOW WHICH WAY YOU ARE LOOKING, A CAMERA... YOU MIGHT SEE VIDA GUERRA AROUND... YOU NEVER KNOW, AND OF COURSE....... THE BEAST:rock: :rock:
Thank's guys ..... I will have the detail guy from my body shop over the day before the show.
So...why did you even ask then???:dontknow:
Show rules..........must detail car yourself to actually win!!!!
1. Be sure that it is easy for the judges to read your vehicle number on the registration sheet...put it on the out side under the windshield wiper on the passenger side...(closer to the edge for easy reading).
2. List the most significant and non-obvious mods on the windshield sheet! And restate the show group you have entered, you don't want the judges wondering if you are in open, or truck or for heavens sake, classic.
3. Make sure the bed looks clean and bright.
4. List the details of mods on a readily available sheet, printed clearly and artfully.
5. When the judges are approaching get all of your friends to start taking pictures of the truck...have them stick around making comments about how cool it is...
6. Roll the windows down, leave nothing visible in the interior.
7. Serve chocolate chip cookies.
Thanks' this is first Truck show that I have entered ...... not being very clear on how things works this is a big help , I will do most of the detail work my self just not to big on using a DA on a black truck
Thanks to everyone for the Positive input
Separate names with a comma.