Changing spark plugs

rare03srt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok fellaz i finnally pulled the truck out of the garage last night and drove it down the street last night. Truck runs STRONG at WOT but when driving normal itll bog down a little and if you give it a little gas it feels like it clears right up. Im thinkin maybe a fouled plug or something. What plugs do yall recommend for a 05 SRT10 with just a B&G tune, k&n intake, and full 3" exhaust with no CATS

Back in the day, which was a tuesday, i redid my plugs. Everyone said go with stock. But the rebel i am, i got iridiums, and indexed them. I could tell a difference in idle, and throttle response, and seat of the pants. You pay more some say its not worth it. Im about to hit 35k on my new truck, and will be doing the iridums again.

Back in the day, which was a tuesday, i redid my plugs. Everyone said go with stock. But the rebel i am, i got iridiums, and indexed them. I could tell a difference in idle, and throttle response, and seat of the pants. You pay more some say its not worth it. Im about to hit 35k on my new truck, and will be doing the iridums again.

Do we use NGK brand? What plug is considered the "stock" plug for it? I was accually thinkin about gettin the Iridums also just need to figure out what temp plug works best.

rare03srt10 said:
Do we use NGK brand? What plug is considered the "stock" plug for it? I was accually thinkin about gettin the Iridums also just need to figure out what temp plug works best.

The stock plugs are regular champion. I've always used NGK v-groove and that's what's in my truck now.

The stock plugs are regular champion. I've always used NGK v-groove and that's what's in my truck now.

Yea ive always used NGK in my lexus and even in our race car and never had issues. NGK makes quality plugs if you ask me. Do you use NGK bkr6 or bkr7?

Chuck Tator replaced mine with the stock champions. Said that the plugs are to be changed every 25k so why pay more?

Chuck Tator replaced mine with the stock champions. Said that the plugs are to be changed every 25k so why pay more?

yeah thats why i normally just use normal plugs since they are changed out like once a year. And once you start modding and adding fuel you end up fouling plugs a little more offten. My motor got almost 20k on it now so if your buddy said 25k and my truck feels like its time i guess that sounds about right.

Im doin mine im a month or so too . . So whats the verdict what plugs do we use ?

I vote for Champion RC12EC as well since they are OEM and perform well. They are also the cheapest plug out there. :rock:

I just bought some NGK Laser Iridiums that i got for 4.25pc shipped on ebay. I figured at that price what did i have to lose. NGK says they are good for 85-100K too.

champeeons are junk plugs always missfiring under load go with the ngk or autolight race plugs

I used the plugs Tony recommended. other than that ive always been a fan of NGK's over everything else.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back