Clutch Diagnosis Please

OnceBitten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having clutch issue. Losing pedal pressure at times especially if I get on it in 1st gear and go to make the shift to second (no clutch at all). It seems to come and go for now. I have checked the fluid level and it is ok. Any suggestions?

OnceBitten said:
Having clutch issue. Losing pedal pressure at times especially if I get on it in 1st gear and go to make the shift to second (no clutch at all). It seems to come and go for now. I have checked the fluid level and it is ok. Any suggestions?
Pressure plate

sorry for the short, was at dentist earlier, but if it is loosing pressure under accelratiion it sounds like the pressure plate is getting weak, but I would still first try flushig the brake fluid , jsut for giggles to see.

Thanks! Does fine with normal driving just feels like its lost a little "feel" and seems like it only engages ner the floor with quite a bit of "slack" before it does engage. I will try a flush this weekend.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
sorry for the short, was at dentist earlier, but if it is loosing pressure under accelratiion it sounds like the pressure plate is getting weak, but I would still first try flushig the brake fluid , jsut for giggles to see.

Brake fluid? Dentist give ya something good?:p

slap it in 4th or 5th running about 40mph, rev her up a bit and jsut drop the clutch hard, it should hit with a bang, if it dont then its probably weakining a bit

OnceBitten said:
Brake fluid is what's in the slave cylinder resivoir.

Really? Learned somethin new then. :confused:
I run brake fluid in my VW sandrail clutch system, but figured the truck guys would run something different.

under trq and acceleration the fingers of the pressure plate will naturally try to release, thus the more trq a clutch assembly can handle the stiffer the fingers are

but as they weaken , they will try to release and cuase the pedal to "loose feel"

thats a basic and simple explanation, sorrry I dont get techy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back