Code Red Project

seethrough

Reaction score
This project has been going on for a few years now so it is finally time to put all the pieces together and get it moving again. This is all going in a 2005 QC. Some of this info is old but I will repost it so the entire build is in one place. It will be picture heavy so I will break it into separate posts.

One of the first changes was removing the rear leaf springs and converting to a ladder bar/coil over suspension.

Next we removed all the unused mounts from the frame and painted everything. The axle was narrowed and again all unused mounts were removed. We finished by painting/powder coating everything.

Once everything was back together we mocked up what the new Pirelli 385/35R24 tires are going to look like under it. The second pictures shows the side by side comparison with the stock tire.

The bed was tubbed by welding in a 4" panels into the existing wells. We even welded in new bed ridge ends to make everything look factory.

Looking good!!!!!!

The bed was test fit with the tires and backspacing was figured out. I was going for that late 60s Road Runner look where the back tires tucked into the fenders. I think I nailed it.

Custom three piece wheels were designed. 24x14 rears and probably 22x10 fronts. I went with the stock look with a few tweeks like an exposed lip and a deeper concave look. These will be made this winter.

A spare motor was sent to Justin at JMB performance and machine work was done by Arrow Racing. The motor got billet mains, I-beam rods, custom pistons, and main/head studs. The Gen V heads were ported and new valves installed. A pair of Wilson Manifold throttle bodies were mated to the Gen V intake.

The motor was painted to match the truck and polished parts should be delivered this week. We also ordered a pair of Nelson Racing mirror image twin 76mm turbo's that Justin will be mounting and doing all the custom exhaust and tubing for. Here are some before/after polishing pics.

Your going to be one rag twisting mother fucker keeping all that aluminum polished.

Outstanding!

Awesome. ......cant wait to see it finished...!

very, very, nice....any plans on taking code red around to the different car shows? or possibly a magazine shoot? she definitely looks worthy!!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back