cost benifit ratio to converting to gen 4 heads?

sparticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this ? I'm wondering what all you had to do and what gains are avaliable.

Trainmans doin it I believe. An entire thread details of the build.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

If you are an N/A build or nitrous then head flow and cam is everything so better flowing heads is what your after. But if your planing on forced induction it's less important but is still a good upgrade. So it depends on what your after

If you are an N/A build or nitrous then head flow and cam is everything so better flowing heads is what your after. But if your planing on forced induction it's less important but is still a good upgrade. So it depends on what your after

I'll add to this that it'll depend in you power level goal, 600hp with gen 3 heads would probably be cheaper than 600hp with gen 4 heads when you factor in the cost of everything needed to swap. So the higher the power you're after the more cost effective the gen 4 becomes.

You can gain 35 rear wheel HP with your heads, by having Roe Racing port them. Cost $2740 and Gen 4 heads would cost a lot more than that.

This is a pretty common discussion and a couple people are now using Gen 4's. If new people are going to start asking about this all the time, I'd be happy to start bumping threads :D

Has anyone done this ? I'm wondering what all you had to do and what gains are avaliable.

Not cost effective at all....but then again...how cost effective is a Viper powered Ram? We do things differently than everybody else. Practicality is not in our vocabulary. I want to make a statement with an NA powered Ram. I went with Gen IV's because of the non-availability of Striker heads. With the Gen IV's you will have to change intakes, exhausts, and valve covers...all of which is very expensive.

This is a pretty common discussion and a couple people are now using Gen 4's. If new people are going to start asking about this all the time, I'd be happy to start bumping threads :D

There's a newbie asking about 4.88s somewhere.......

Somebody should do a write up and make it a sticky ;)

This will probably be the next popular mod the older our trucks get and more available parts become.

Somebody should do a write up and make it a sticky ;)

This will probably be the next popular mod the older our trucks get and more available parts become.

When Trainman's build is complete there will be a very thorough write up with dyno #s, time slips, etc.

Todd from Arrow Racing hit me up for that package when they did my engine. Think he said 6,000 for everything but exhaust. Took everything I had to say no. Just didn't have the funds.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back