cruise control

LORD CHAVEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes my cruise works and sometimes it doesnt. If i turn the truck on and off it will work. What could it be.

Will the cruise light (in the dash) stay on when the system stops working?

Will the cruise kick off during operation? Also if you drive the truck without cruise operating but turned on will to the light to go off?

Will the cruise kick off during operation? Also if you drive the truck without cruise operating but turned on will to the light to go off?

It dnt shut off during operation. It either works or it dont when i start my truck.

Sounds like the cruise module. I have a similar problem with my 2001 Wrangler. Unfortunately you will need a dealer scan tool (not just a code reader) to go any further. What happens is the module looses contact with the PCM unless it is set & working.
Try this, don't turn it on (on/off button) until your ready to set a speed.
As soon as you have to deactivate the set speed shut the system down (on/off button).
You should be able to turn the system back on & have it work again. Restarting the truck will also reset the system.
This is a way I found to work mine because I'm to cheap to fix it.

Hello all, sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm not allowed to start a new thread evidently. This one seems related to my issues, so it's the most relevant one to reply to. I recently bought a 2005 Srt-10 QC, and got a good deal on it but there are a few small issues I'm tackling one by one. These two are my most non-educated nor experienced on so looking for some help.

First is my cruise control. The system itself can turn on and off just fine, "cruise" lights up on dash when turning on, goes away when turning off. IF I can set the cruise one instance, it might stay engaged holding the speed, but at any random moment it might lose that set and truck will start coasting down, but the "cruise" light on dash will stay as if the system is still turned on. I'm wondering if this issue is related to the second issue, next paragraph.

Second, is the throttle cable that goes to transmission. I've read the other forums on this and I believe it may be my problem with shift problems, so I'm tackling this this weekend, but mostly wanted to know if the two are related in any way, since they all are cables ran from the throttle linkage (3 cables total get pulled or pushed when the accelerator is pushed, as yall know).

Anyways, thanks for the help in advance. Can't wait to have this awesomely fun truck running perfectly.

Your cruise issue is likely a vacuum leak at hoses or possibly in cruise control diaphragm its self. Check for cracked hose fittings
Your trans cable can be adjusted separately. There's a white clip that's slightly pulled out to release lock And cable will slide in and out to different settings/notches then lock back in place with clip.
Email with any questions
[email protected]

It dnt shut off during operation. It either works or it dont when i start my truck.

yeah....It usually does or does not work.

Go figure WHOD A THUNK...

Seriously though i would check your seat switch, mine went bad and i had the same problems.. 75$ from the dealer and no other issues...

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back