CUSTOM SIDE EXHAUST FINISHED

I really like the idea of the side exhaust and also the idea of the x pipe design you went for, but going thru the frame is for me a "no go".
Frame looses a lot of stability.

Same with the crossmember below your gear box.

Nevertheless the look is very nice.

I really like the idea of the side exhaust and also the idea of the x pipe design you went for, but going thru the frame is for me a "no go".
Frame looses a lot of stability.

Same with the crossmember below your gear box.

Nevertheless the look is very nice.

I do body work for a living working fixing and straightening frames all the time. I can tell you that with the material I used to replace it with I did not lose and integrity or stability. Thanks for the compliments.

How come you balanced the 2 banks?

Just because almost every performance car on the market is made that way so I just thought to my self that maybe it would work for my truck also. Kinda like equal length headers vs standard ones. Equal just makes more power.

That's some killer work you have done! And I agree that if done properly which it looks to be from pics, the frame strength will not be lost, the crossmember looks like it's basically c-notched and looks great also! Excellent work and idea's! :)

Looks great. I agree with the comments about the frame retaining it's strength. I cut mine too and put in some fairly thick walled steel tubing and welded it up. I tried to get an x-pipe in but didn't have the room - I like your idea of of notching the tranny mount.

Looks great. I agree with the comments about the frame retaining it's strength. I cut mine too and put in some fairly thick walled steel tubing and welded it up. I tried to get an x-pipe in but didn't have the room - I like your idea of of notching the tranny mount.

Thanks man. Your exhaust is also awesome. Did you ever finish the bed side mldg?

That piece of pipe in each framerail is as strong or stronger then factory. The trans cross is iffy in my book, i would make a plate that bolts under each pipe as well for easy removal. Other then that, amazing job. One of the best thought out systems i have seen for our trucks yet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back