Damn Automatic trans in the QC!! QC vs. RC - Seeking some advice.

46hemi

Reaction score
OK, I am contemplating an SRT. For the first time in a long time I am without a truck and it stinks. So I am thinking of adding a third car and it only makes sense to make it a truck. My issue is twofold.

Firstly I HATE auto transmission. My current car is an auto (09 Wrangler) and I hate to drive it. My wifes car is a Sequoia - fine for the family mover but not much excitement there. I would plan on using it as a daily, I drive about 10 miles per day...on bad weather I could take my Jeep.

Now I know the QC would be WAY more practical having the back seats. Room for passengers and for extra stuff. I have 2 older kids, they are into sports etc. So buying the RC would be kind of limiting in that sense, especially if buying an 06. The manual trans in the RC would be a huge plus for me, but it comes at an expense obviously. Why couldn't they make the QC in a 6-Speed for god sakes!!

Or maybe the SRT just dosent make good sense either..maybe I should look for a QC Hemi Manual or go for a Extended Cummins or something. I know from experience that the SRT will probably be higher cost to maintain, especially as a driver. I will take any advice anyone can offer.

i just hit 90k on my qc and the only problem i have ever was busted oil cooler lines at 65k and lasts week i replaced a power steering line and i drive my truck everday and i drive it like i stole every time i crank her

love my quad cab the auto is not that bad i drove a regular cab with the manual and hated cause i thought the same way. quad cab is more practical for me and the automatic is decent in my opinion. other thought you might want to consider since you are up in the north east like me is plan on not driving it during the winter.. mine gets garaged 5 months out of the year due to snow and ice traction is a fight with these things and snow and ice just means they dont move.

Love driving my AUTO qc, every single day!!!!!:rock:

You should sell the jeep and buy a Cummins for hauling the kids and get a RC for you to have fun in.

Just take a QC through a slalom course , then take an RC through the same course and you will find the RC is for driving ..........QC for riding :D

QC's and autos are for girls. If you are buying it for your woman get the QC. If it's for you, get the RC. :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

j/k :aetsch:

R/C......Race Truck
Q/C.....Grocery getter

Don't miss the opportunity to get something you will LOVE to drive.

Do I need to bring up the ass whoopin that two QC's gave to a majority of the RC's in Panama?:D

SANTEEN said:
Do I need to bring up the ass whoopin that two QC's gave to a majority of the RC's in Panama?:D
Who finished with the trophy???:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

FATJACK said:
Who finished with the trophy???:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:
You did sir. You are the King.:) You, Tony and the School Bus were the the exception that day.:D

Lots of good responses...

First I dont doubt that the Auto can be faster than the Manual, its just the fun factor of it. My other, other car is a 01 ACR so I still have a car that I can really enjoy when the weather is nice..I just need to have some fun in my daily commute.

I cant part with the Jeep, its my 4th one, they are alot of fun.

Is it true that I would realistically need to lay this thing up for 5 months a year? If thats the case it may be ruled out on that alone. I figured traction would be an issue but is it that bad??

While the Cummins would be cool, I know its not the same as a gasser manual. The ratios are not the same. Thats why I thought maybe the Hemi Extended or Quad. That way i could get a back seat, 4WD, and a stick. Sick thing is they are about the same price as a SRT.

In my opinion, it sounds like you are leaning QC, so QC it is. You have a mean weapon to go rowing your gears in with the ACR. If you really want fun, take that for a blast. Traction in the QC can't be too bad. With the right (cheap) suspension mods (lowering kit) some 45 series tires you'll be fine with a bolt on engine. My RC is an auto and it hauls and hooks hard with every bolt on you can get (Est. 480-500rwhp). I have other manual cars to get my groove on and as you put it, I wanted something straight line quick and consistent, plus cruisy when I want it to be. Hard decision for you but for a daily driver that can haul, there really is nothing better designed out there for your needs than a Quad Cab SRT/10 Ram. ;)

2c

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back