decisions, decisions...

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the credit card bills are slowly coming in to fix the red beauty. I love the truck for the 30 miles or so I've put on it and making the sensible decision is easy. Only problem is I'm not sensible.

The truck will have a brand new clutch/flywheel as well as all new fluids and '03 motor with about 1000 miles on it with the Paxton and upgraded Diamond pistons. I could pay off my house and other vehicle in 5 years without the SRT truck payment or take considerably longer paying everything off including the truck and credit card bills to get things fixed the right way.

I know the market sucks and am not looking to give the truck away but if the right offer came I could certainly see letting it go for now then get back into things full force with the money I'm currently paying for the house and SRT and my Xterra. Not to mention I have the blown '04 motor that I am guessing someone who knows someone that can weld the #4 rod hole closed could get for a relatively good price. OR, I could save the blown motor and make it into a monster motor later on.

Anyway, I was thinking around $43,500 as an asking price not including the blown motor for a 750 crank horsepower truck with very little mileage on a new clutch/alum flywheel, near new motor with upgraded Diamond pistions and dyno tune. The truck itself sits at 6500 miles or so (its been so long since I've seen it I'm not sure what its got on it).

Any thoughts on the asking price?

Keep all yer sh!t, get a 2nd job, and put Nitrous on it!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :elefant: <--- WTF is this supposed to signify??:dontknow:

Understand your delima, it sounds like a fair price to me.
these things can get pricey, but think on it for awhile, or put it out there for a few thousand more than what you actually want, if someone bites, then sell. Everything of ours is always for sale , such as Joannes QC or Vette, but when asked we always say about $5000 more than what we really would want, and well if they bite then we have actually gotten a better deal than when we do sale, if not , then nothing lost. good luck bro.

That's a tough call man...

I'm a little confused though..is the truck fixed and running with another motor and your including the blown motor with it? If so, then its not a bad price.

Tough call man, I know how you feel though. I'm paying for a house (in San Diego I might add), the truck ,and my wife's new mazda3. Its not easy, but If I didn't have my truck, I would go insane. That's what keeps me working so hard....its my stress reliever :D

I say sleep on it for a little bit, and maybe come to a good clear conscious discussion??

Either way, we support you!

-Red

I dont really want to sell but I could live with doing it. I had some frustration on how everything "went down"...meaning I drive it 30 miles since owning it and it blows a rod on the dyno. That plus not being told ahead of time of the nitrous/propane before the Paxton (which was never tuned after being installed). Add to that the fuc$ ups on the service contract with the mileage being off and it listing a service contract that in fact wasnt. At this point its one of those lesson learned things and life goes on.

Perhaps once I get back in the truck and hit the gas it will all go away...along with a few who choose to challenge the rebirth of the Paxton SRT Ram. Tomorrow I'll want to keep it.

Hang in there Dave.I think when you relax and sleep on it a couple of days you will keep it and fix it right.Sell the Xterra and that should help right?

I dont feel comfortable chasing tornadic thunderstorms nor driving to denver once a week (rain, sleet, snow, ya know) in a 2 wheel drive monster. I got the Xterra after selling the Viper, vowing to pay everything off before getting another toy. That lasted about a month.

If I were to stay away from the various forums, car shows, drag races at Bandimere that would help but unlikely to happen. Add to that 500 horses seems so blah and ordinary after reading so many posts with 750-1250 horse setups in the Rams and Vipers.

The Blazer was my first vehicle. I've had it since the mid 80s. I hope to pass it on to my son who is now 6. He has a very mild case of Downs syndrome, minor enough that he can still attend school (graduates kindergarten friday) with the "regular" kids. I hope to have him experience the thrill of driving (in a safe environment of course) this vehicle. Who knows, if he graduates from the Blazer he'll need to learn to drive a stick with much more power.

I'll likely keep the Ram, I just want to get it back. Thanks to all for your thoughts, advice, etc. Sometimes, we all need to think aloud and let some of the frustration out.

Let some time pass before making a decession. Besides, when you get it back, you will probably make a run to Bandimere. When you do, let me know. I live in Westminster, CO, about 30 minutes from Bandimere, and would truely enjoy meeting with you and watching you run it down the track.

I'm planning on keeping it now that its coming close to completion. I vaguely remember the good times I had in it...all 30 miles before having things upgraded...unfortunately I wasnt planning on another motor but oh well.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I'm planning on keeping it now that its coming close to completion. I vaguely remember the good times I had in it...all 30 miles before having things upgraded...unfortunately I wasnt planning on another motor but oh well.

I bought my first car when I was 17 or maybe it was 18. Really doesn't matter. It was a used 66 Chevelle SS with a 375HP 396. Spent every penny I had to buy it. I had to wait until my next pay day to buy insurance. Folks would not let me drive it until I had the insurance, so it sat in the driveway for 3 day with me salivating while looking at it. Drove it for 2 days, back and forth to work and then came the weekend. I lived in Portland Or. at that time, but had recently moved there from Eugene Or. I just had to take it down that weekend to show my friends. Oop's. Forgot to mention an important part. The engine had just been "Rebuilt" so I was told.

Well I went to Eugene and while coming home on Sunday it blew up. I was just going down the freeway at 75 and it let go. While everything remained in the block, it was so bad that a part of a rod went through the bottom of the intake manifold. The motor was a total loss. Talk about devestated. I was heart broken.

Moral of the story? By the time I was done it had a L-88 427 in it and was one of the fastest cars in Portland for a while. It was all worth it in the end. Hang in there and you will find that you will forget all the pain. It's kind of like childbirth for women. They curse you at the hospital, but then after a while they want to do it again.

Hope that helps.

Silverback said:
.... It's kind of like childbirth for women. They curse you at the hospital, but then after a while they want to do it again.

Hope that helps.

Nice analogy ROTFL :laugh:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back