Decisions...tires which one?

jrangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need new tires but which one? I know there have been many threads on this but I do not know. I do know I do not want what it came with from Dodge.

305/40-22 GENERAL GRABBER UHP 114V
Brand: GENERAL
Type: -
Size: 305/40-22 $150.64
305/40-22 NITTO NT420S 114H
Brand: NITTO
Size: 305/40-22 $137.20
305/40-22 KUMHO ECSTA STX N/A
Brand: KUMHO
Size: 305/40-22 $134.31
305/40-22 YOKOHAMA Parada Spec-X 114V
Brand: YOKOHAMA
Size: 305/40-22 $147.82
305/40-22 PIRELLI Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 114W
Brand: PIRELLI
Size: 305/40-22 $194.35
305/40-22 BF GOODRICH G-Force T/A KDW P-Metric LT 114W
Brand: BF GOODRICH
Size: 305/40-22 $216.15

I have the KDW's. As has been posted many times, by many people, pretty much anything is better than the stock Pirellis.

I like the KDWs, but likely wouldn't pay for them again. They're cheaper than when I bought... I WOULD however recommend staying with the > V performance rating to get the best performance you can out of your tire.

Tires in the size with a W performance rating would be Dunlop Sport Maxx, BFG KDW, Yokohama Advan, Firestone Destination, Bridgestone Alenza, or the stock Pirellis.

I know from past threads, Lots of people have the Grabbers on here and like them.

BriteCrawler said:
I have the KDW's. As has been posted many times, by many people, pretty much anything is better than the stock Pirellis.

I like the KDWs, but likely wouldn't pay for them again. They're cheaper than when I bought... I WOULD however recommend staying with the > V performance rating to get the best performance you can out of your tire.

Tires in the size with a W performance rating would be Dunlop Sport Maxx, BFG KDW, Yokohama Advan, Firestone Destination, Bridgestone Alenza, or the stock Pirellis.

I know from past threads, Lots of people have the Grabbers on here and like them.

I just been mowing this over and over. I like the grabbers. Weird I was looking fro the contis but could not find them in the stock size only in 45.

I have the Kuhmo's on my truck... no complaints at all! I smoke the tires all the time, and they still look good :D so I'll probably go with them again when the time comes.

Last edited:
If handling and dry pavement traction is your main concern nothing is better than the Goodrich G-Force...this will be my next tire.

If you want a good daily driver tire that handles weather and has a great price get the Generals....

LoveThisTruck said:
I have the Kuhmo's on my truck... no complaints at all! I smoke the tires all the time, and they still look good :D so I'll probably go with them again when the time comes.
Same here.:rock: :rock: :rock:

I got the Kumho's about a month ago and I love em. got em at a pretty good price too. $156 each off of Tire Rack, Discount matched it and put em on.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back