Devil's Build Thread

Discussion in 'Viper Truck Builds - Project Logs/Recent Mods' started by Devil Inside, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Devil Inside

Devil Inside Full Access Member

Bought my truck in may of 2012 with 68k miles one it. bought it for a work truck so I wasn't looking for a low mile truck since I knew I was going to be putting on some miles. I knew that I was going to do all the bolt ons and maybe a few other things.

2. Devil Inside

this is how it looked once I got it from the dealership

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Devil Inside

for the most part it was a very clean truck that seem to be taken care of. first mod was to install my CAI that I got from JMB. had it powder coated red to match my valve covers

[​IMG]

I have to say that it looked really nice installed. cant say that I gain any hp from it but did notice better throttle responds and better mpg.

heres a sound clip of the intake. you can hear it sucking in the air a lot better

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  4. Devil Inside

following mod was the viper logo on the radiator that I saw that someone had on their truck. took me a few hrs to do but overall it turned out nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

had to go back and clean up some of the over spray

5. VPRPWRD

VPRPWRD VTCoA Ring Leader Supporting Member

Were the grills painted black when you got it? Was the BBK already installed when you bought it?

6. Devil Inside

after that i did my exhaust. did a magnaflow cat back with my 2 rear cats removed.

[​IMG]

it made a difference but at times its just not loud enough. thinking about removing the two front cats and adding cut outs at some point

7. Devil Inside

the grill was already painted black when i got it and it was on air bags. the bbk i installed about 5 months after i got the truck. some of the pictures are out of place cause i forgot to take before and after of them. heres the picture of the air bag system. its made by air lift and its the smartair system that when the bed of the truck drops due to the weight it inflates the bags. comes in useful when im towing my trailer

[​IMG]

8. Devil Inside

heres another video after exhaust was installed.

[​IMG]

9. JimTeTe

JimTeTe Active Member Supporting Member

Seems to be progressing Nicely ........ How was it to make the Skull for the radiator, and how was the template made?

Jim

10. Devil Inside

it wasnt really that hard to make. i found a clean picture of it online and then with photo shop i blew the image bigger and printed it out. lined up everything and cut it out and taped it in place. once that was done i taped to the radiator and used high temp spray paint that i got at autozone. one of the cheapest mods and i think coolest. PM me your email address i still have the image if anyone wants to make the same logo

11. Devil Inside

next on the list was to black the rims and tail lights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know the truck looks dirty AF but we get hit by rain for a couple of days straight and no point in washing it til it stops raining out here

[​IMG]

12. Itsmekylep

Itsmekylep Full Access Member

If I give you my email address will you just make another one, drive all the way to my house, use all your own materials, and just do all the work for me?!? :D

13. Devil Inside

I know this isn't a truck mod but I figured i would share it with you guys. it was made out of diamond plate, placed on a sheet of plywood and raised off the sheet so i could add lights to the back of the diamond plate. looks really cool at night and i can set it to change different colors or have it on just one color

[​IMG]

14. Devil Inside

lol how about you buy the paint and beer and drive here to gilbert. i'll give you a hand with it

15. Itsmekylep

Itsmekylep Full Access Member

I'd have to pack a lunch and a sleeping bag to make it all the way to gilbert!

16. Devil Inside

Now you know I feel about driving out that way. Don't worry I have a spare bed room

17. Devil Inside

i had a really bad oil leak that was coming from the oil cooler lines and so i replaced them with a set i made. heres the oil lines that i made. i had to remake the one of the lines due to being to long but wasnt a big deal since it was just removing the ends and cutting the line down to the size i wanted. cost was about $150 to make and best part is i made them instead of buy them. havent had them leak and they been on the truck for about 9 months now

[​IMG]

18. Devil Inside

added my BBK throttle body and SCT tune by Torrie at unleashed tuning. now i wish i would have gone with JTSVP throttle body since it has the nitrous hook up instead i had to hook it up to my CAI as you can see later in the following post. overall i have to say that these two mods i felt the biggest HP gain. it was night and day with both. not sure if it was both that made the huge difference or it was just one of them since i installed both at the same time.

[​IMG]

19. Devil Inside

Added my catch can from JMB with hard lines to the valves which i still have to finish up with that install just havent had the time to take the valves off and get them tapped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. guyrobert

guyrobert Full Access Member

Is your catch can collecting any oil?