Directions for lowering kit?

Cudajon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad says that the front arms are right on the bump stops and he's unsure how a lowering spring on the front will fit. Anyone DIY and come across the same issue? Or is it an issue at all, he says the rear looks like a piece of cake but is just worried about the front.

Cudajon said:
My dad says that the front arms are right on the bump stops and he's unsure how a lowering spring on the front will fit. Anyone DIY and come across the same issue? Or is it an issue at all, he says the rear looks like a piece of cake but is just worried about the front.

I think there are some pics on my site under support
but the oem front bumpstop must be removed completely

there is a rubber bumper and it is held by a metal "cup" welded to the frame.

take a cut off tool or saw, torch whatever, and cut off the oem bumpstop and cup, then it must be replace with an aftermarket bumpstop:)

Removing the factory bump stop looks harder than it actually is.... One thing you may have to do is elongate the upper control arms brackets in order to get Camber back within spec. Some haven't while others like myself had to go a good 10-12mm.

I used a cut off wheel on a grinder when I did mine:D It was pretty easy just take your time;)

I used a sawzall and a grinder for mine. Took a while but I was using cheap tools :D

Also had to elongate the holes on my trucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back