DIY Home Security/Alarm systems

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just moved into a new house and oddly enough it didn't have an alarm system already hard-wired. So I'm looking for a DIY alarm system and wanted to know if anyone has one, what are your recommendations, etc.
I don't want to pay a monthly fee for cell phone or SMS alerts if I don't have to and cameras would be a plus. Thanks in advance!

A security system is useless if it's not monitored. It why you put one on so when your not there, they can call the police or fire department depending on what type of alarm goes off.

Depending on your home, I would have one that is hard wired where you can't see the sensors on the doors, including the garage door(s)
Don't fall for the stick-on one that look like crap and will most like fall off over time.
Price around and/or ask your neighbors or friends who they are going with and if they are giving out some deals.

I got one installed after my house was broke into and my GF was held at gun point for over an hour while they tore the house apart.

This day and age, it is well worth the little cost per month for the extra protection and to keep the low life's away. It will also lower your home insurance having one installed and monitored.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back