door panels

71dusterjon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take off the silver door stripes on the door panels? I'd like to paint them red without having to mask off the entire door panel.

71dusterjon said:
Does anyone know how to take off the silver door stripes on the door panels? I'd like to paint them red without having to mask off the entire door panel.
yessir remove the door panels , on the backside they are plastic welded on, you have to be very careful , but take a drill bit, jsut a touch larger, than the weld, and drill off the weld,
sorry dont remember the size, its been awhile.
but then you can get very small self taping flat top screws to hold it back in place,dont remember the length of those either, but you will get it when you get them off;)

it takes a bit to see my explanation, kinda suck at splanin thiings when I'm tired, but get the panel off, I think it has a couple philips head screws, I think one in the side, one bottom? remover the little corner panel at the top, then pop the panel out and pull upwards.

on the backside, behind the part you want to remove, you will see the small rivets.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back