dumb ass me

eddie102870

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D ordered a mag hytech deep tranny pan friday, after ive changed my fluid out and adjusted my bands. now i gotta buy more fluid when i change it out again. dammit

I'm about to roll 22,000 miles on my QC, do you recommend the trans bands be adjusted at this point. I do drive it daily but usually normal driving. No engine mods. Still shifts strong as hell. TIA.

EMT/SRT said:
I'm about to roll 22,000 miles on my QC, do you recommend the trans bands be adjusted at this point. I do drive it daily but usually normal driving. No engine mods. Still shifts strong as hell. TIA.
I had my fluids exchanged, mag hytec transmission pan installed, and bands adjusted @ 15k miles. After that I started to get a 1-2 shift issue. If mine was running good I would wait until 30k miles. I am learning the whole 'don't fix it if it ain't broken' thing.:shot: :hmmmm: :argh:

id say depends on how you drive it. if you frequent breakaway it wont hurt it. i cant see how new fluid and filter and adjusting the bands can hurt a tranny UNLESS its done wrong which is pretty hard to do. this aint a z71 where you never service the tranny. these trucks weight a lot and have a lot of torque. preventative maintenance is the key here folks.

EMT/SRT said:
mine has never been ON the track, just TO the track.
youll be fine on the band adjustment im sure, what does your fluid look like, if its getting dark and smells burnt you might want to consider changing it out.

Have you thought about running a trans temp gauge since you are getting the mag?

havent thought about that im guage poor right now got 3 on the pillar and two on the hood...lol

The deeper pan should lower the temps more and no real need for a temp gauge unless you plan on doing heavy towing or a road race. But then again it would let you know if the tranny is acting weird. Afterall Transmissions hate excessive heat.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
The deeper pan should lower the temps more and no real need for a temp gauge unless you plan on doing heavy towing or a road race. But then again it would let you know if the tranny is acting weird. Afterall Transmissions hate excessive heat.
I always like to know what is going on. I need to find a sending unit and get mine setup. After all everyone says our tranny is the weakest link in our trucks.

eddie102870 said:
youll be fine on the band adjustment im sure, what does your fluid look like, if its getting dark and smells burnt you might want to consider changing it out.

Yeah if it is brown, it is time to change! lol

amtrucker22 said:
I always like to know what is going on. I need to find a sending unit and get mine setup. After all everyone says our tranny is the weakest link in our trucks.
You have a good point there. Maybe there is a way to tie into the idiot light for a temp gauge. Make use of the existing wiring. Don't even know if that is even possible?

I remember when I had a new tranny put in another truck and put on a deeper pan and an external fluid cooler too. Just playing it safe, because I just bought the truck and the previous owner told me he has went through three trans and that is why he is getting rid of it. So far it has held up good. Then again I don't drive that truck too much either.

eddie102870 said:
:D ordered a mag hytech deep tranny pan friday, after ive changed my fluid out and adjusted my bands. now i gotta buy more fluid when i change it out again. dammit
You can reuse your old fluid.:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back