Dyno'd my Truck Yesterday

USMC11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 RC w K&N and custom exhaust magnaflow mufflers and side pipes. all four cats.

came in at 427 hp and 427 tq. At first thought they were good numbers but now wondering if they're a little low...what's everyone think?

seems a little low for a RC to me, but cant say that i remember anyone dynoing with all 4 cats:dontknow: but i do know that the QC's at the austin g2g were all about 420ish

was it a dynojet or a mustang dyno?

mine was 434 hp/457tq with all 4 cats...with about 15k miles...

on a dynojet...

i will say...you go back tomorrow...you may get different numbers...you go across town...guaranteed you get different numbers...

Like Dan said you can get different #s from day to day and different dynos.......just remember that the dyno is for tuning and the track is for bragging...;)

USMC11 said:
04 RC w K&N and custom exhaust magnaflow mufflers and side pipes. all four cats.

came in at 427 hp and 427 tq. At first thought they were good numbers but now wondering if they're a little low...what's everyone think?
your right on target with your mods,
but numbers dont matter
wait? why did I even say that?
but y ou are on target I guess, good numbers runnin thru thecats

It was on a dynojet. Yea the shop was having all sorts of trouble with other vehicles so I dunno. Seemed a bit low to me. There was a QC that did like 350/350 which I thought was lower than it should have been. Maybe it was the dyno??

You guys are right tho, its all about the track anyway.

Track times is all that matters bro....I have my #'s posted in my sig but I'm ready to post up some 1/4 mile times myself!

some things to also consider

what was the temp, humidity when they did your pulls?

that will also affect the numbers slightly up or down

when we did the first dyno day at Roe the weather was perfect, nice and cool with a good air density

my truck pulled very good numbers and that is stock exhaust, K&N CAI and without the B&G because it was pinging badly with it in and good 93 octane gas, it needs a splash of 100 or 102 from the track to make it run totally clean

Seems about on the money for HP as I did 428 in my QC stock. The thing that I wonder on is the TORQUE? It shoulda been in the 450-460ish from what I've seen in the past?:dontknow: I's say the dyno is not calibrated correctly.:dontknow:

That was my QC that dyno'd 346hp and 371 ft lb torque. The numbers were disappointing, but at least the shop owner gave us beers at the end!

I agree that dyno numbers don't mean anything compared to what you can do at the track. That's why I'm gonna go to the track with all those hemi guys on Sunday (if the weather is good). USMC11 may join us too. Hopefully some more of our CA owners will join in in the fun.

Here is my dyno sheet.
srt10dynosheet.jpg

Here are some pics from the g2g.

Cummins Dyno run. Can you tell?
_PEO6318.jpg

USMC11s truck
_PEO6323.jpg

_PEO6329.jpg

_PEO6347.jpg

_PEO6358.jpg

_PEO6382.jpg

_PEO6384.jpg

_PEO6387.jpg

_PEO6463.jpg

_PEO6465.jpg

_PEO6466.jpg

_PEO6469.jpg

_PEO6481.jpg

_PEO6485.jpg

_PEO6502.jpg

_PEO6505.jpg

_PEO6527.jpg

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

nice GTG!

and correct, numbers dont mean poo, its all determined at the track

get some track numbers, key those in , those dont lie, they tell you how much hp it takes to run the time you ran, with mph an et

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

nice GTG!

and correct, numbers dont mean poo, its all determined at the track

get some track numbers, key those in , those dont lie, they tell you how much hp it takes to run the time you ran, with mph an et

Hopefully we will be at the track this Sunday! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hey I see Fred came out! I though he would have sold his truck by now! What kind of #'s did he pull?

I believe Fred was at 336hp/35?tq? I don't recall exactly. He has some electric cutouts on that thing, and it sounds mean as hell! He's gonna be at the track on Sunday also.

Last years GTG in Austin i think I put down 428hp, but had a 470ish torque. I ran a best of the night for me of 13.06... I didnt have all 4 cats though. Your numbers are right on bro.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back