Dyno'd today, Stock & SCT

Cudajon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HorsepowerandAF.jpg

The blue is stock, the red is flashed. Also, it's the 91 octane tune since thats what we have in Oklahoma. 68 degrees outside and 10% humidity, i have 170 t-stat and a K&N CAI on the truck.

Wow... repost. I did post this but since it didnt show up I posted in the general section...

That sucks. I just got my SCT today and was itching to put it to use. I have to install my 172 stat first. I guess being able to "feel" a power improvement is not realistic. My truck is pretty much identical to yours as far as performance mods go. Maybe I will go ahead with the catless mids from JMB.

TNVIPER said:
Thanks...I started to pour my drink out and quit for good...you saved me a lot of pain...:elefant: ;)

Only a few more weeks of madness right Larry:rofl: :rofl:

And yet there are still those that think you got to flash or controller with a tune for a stock RC.

I am not sure who is doing the programs for you guys, but we typically see 25-30ftpds torque increase at the wheels with our programs (from 3-5000 rpm/ SRT RC). The engine runs about 10 degrees cooler and is much smoother. We have done about 100 of these calibrations with consistent results.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

DC Performance said:
I am not sure who is doing the programs for you guys, but we typically see 25-30ftpds torque increase at the wheels with our programs (from 3-5000 rpm/ SRT RC). The engine runs about 10 degrees cooler and is much smoother. We have done about 100 of these calibrations with consistent results.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996
Would you please post a dyno of your results.

With the 91 Octane curve, he is safe currently, but the AFR was the same, till I could see his dyno. He now has a new revision in his e-mail not as heavy on fuel.

On gov computers most pictures are deleted. From what i can tell your saying you gained nothing from the sct? The tuner is my next mod so if you guys could tell me whats in that picture i sure could sleep easier!

Ya, evidently my stock PCM tune and/or motor are pretty healthy, but I just received my revised tune through e-mail with a revised fuel curve which should help it out. This is probably one of the best features of the SCTflash out there, if you swing and miss, at least you can keep swinging until you hit it good, unlike the multiple versions of Stage 2 flashes and Mopar PCM's out there.

Thanks Marty!!!

The "peak" power # is irrelevant here. Stock, the timing curves on these are already about 33 degree's timing above 5200 rpms. With 91 octane you can't jack that up any. So he's stuck with a peak power # the same as stock.

Look at the power below the peak #. From the start of the run to peak the SCT showed gains. This will be a faster truck w/o doubt. Don't be caught up with dyno #'s by looking at a peak #. Most of these trucks end up with about 20# tq more right off the initial punch. And the transition from part throttle to WOT is immediate. It is a much faster truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back