dynoed today

Exo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dynoed the truck today. I don't think they new what they were doing but you tell me.

Attachments

• dyno1.jpg
    dyno1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 149
dyno dynamics dyno's usually run a bit higher than others, i got 515rwhp on my NA RC...... those numbers are all over the place & a bit low even for a NA QC......:(

They were all over cause he was trying different stuff to stop it from shifting. Like doing a pull in 2, 2 c/w tow, then a few pulls of just mating it.

I was thinking of getting my truck dyno'd local by a shop who tunes a lot for Porsche bmws wrx and a few other high end cars. He said he can tune if I bring the sct software.
Is there anything I should be aware of or is this safe?

ya the last 3 were waiting till third kicked in but no tow/haul, then flooring it.

kickinassrt-10 said:
I was thinking of getting my truck dyno'd local by a shop who tunes a lot for Porsche bmws wrx and a few other high end cars. He said he can tune if I bring the sct software.
Is there anything I should be aware of or is this safe?

It could be safe but i would make sure you are there while they are touching your truck so if anything does go wrong you are there to see it. Also bring a video camera to tape. They may not be able to tune it like DC or Roe but i'm sure they'll be able to get you close with the right a/f and mapping.

those are some weird readings Todd,the HP and RPM are way out,it should be around 430RWHP and around 490FT TQ,you have more less the same mods I had other then I was complete cat delete and thats what mine dynoed out at,the peak HP should be around the 5700 RPM range.Did they give you your A/F ratio's?

no they didn't. I was going to ask but they were swamped. The HP peaking out at 4400 rpm really threw me off.

Sammy11 said:
serious ?
is that the best way ?

Yes. If you don't then the truck will down shift when you go WOT. You can also disconnect the kick down cable for the dyno runs.

Sammy11 said:
serious ?
is that the best way ?

third is 1 to 1 and if you get the rpms more into the powerband it WONT shift out and the TQ is locked:D :D

FlyingLow said:
Yes. If you don't then the truck will down shift when you go WOT. You can also disconnect the kick down cable for the dyno runs.

FlyingLow is exactly correct. Use the Tow/Haul Button, Disconnect the Kick Down Cable, let it shift normal to 3rd gear, Rev to 3000-3200 RPM, Pull the Trigger on the Dyno, and Drop the Hammer.

You will loose a little on the lower end of the graph but none of your real power and torque DON'T come in at that lower RPM level. You will get a good pull.

Other things to look out for: Strapped Down Too Tight, Strapped Down Too Loose, Turn off the AC (forgot and had mine on my last trip to the dyno cost me about 12 hp), Inflate Tires to about 28lbs (keeps them from spinning), Make sure you get the A/F mix readings, have the engine at normal temps but not HOT, have one or two big fans blowing on the Front to keep it cool.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back