ECB Problem

Discussion in 'Forum Requests' started by punishr, Apr 16, 2018.

1. punishr

punishr New Member

Hi fellow Viper Truck Owners. My 2005 Quad cab will randomly hesitatate and stall out. If it sits for awhile, it will restart, but will randomly repeat the problem. It was at Dodge Service twice and they said that they could not get it to stall nor was there any code indicators on their diagnostics. So I took it to a private tech who believes The ECB computer board is bad. He purchased a reconditioned board from a company in south Florida but after it was installed, the random stalling continued. The company took the board back and my old board is back in the truck. My tech is looking for another company who may have a board or can help. Is there any owners who have had this problem? Is there a reputable company who can help? Thanks. George.

2. 1buddyc

1buddyc Full Access Member

Has your mechanic considered your Fuel Pump? Sounds like it could be trash in your Gas tank.. Your Pump sucks up the fuel with the trash in it, it clogs your pick-up screen, then stalls out. Once the trash has settled back to the bottom of the tank, it will fire up and run long enough until clogged again.
    Have you run your tank to nearly empty recently? That can sometimes stir up the trash that accumulates in the bottom of your tank..
    Could also be a weak fuel pump itself I would think. Next time it fails or stalls, check your fuel pump pressure.

3. punishr

punishr New Member

Thanks Buddy C I will forward this to him.

4. punishr

punishr New Member

Thanks I will look at it

5. Kopack_05

Kopack_05 Full Access Member

Any engine codes?

How about putting a data logger on and monitoring a few parameters. might see something just before stalling. maybe low fuel pressure?

6. VENOMOUS1 RACING

VENOMOUS1 RACING Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!

Send it to me in Texas and I'll get it right. Dealers know shit about these trucks and simply throw parts at it.

7. ToneDef

ToneDef Full Access Member

If your loosing all power check hot and ground cables from battery. Just throwing that out there.