ever raced a saleen?

jman08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen a saleen mustang today... don't know much about other than wikipedia:) but wondered if any1 ever raced 1 or how it would hold up?

I raced my buddys a while back when my truck was stock no tune no headers no intake no nitrous lol stock clutch and beat him by like 4-5 cars he kept up but i was pulling the whole time and it was an 05 saleen without the charger had intake headers exhaust tuned and a stage 3 clutch

Yea I was reading bout um saying they weren't meant for straight line but road course...

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

12.2 / Walk your @ss with the top down! lol

Last edited:
Ralphs is what I seen except black non convertible. Same year and everything

I ran a 2011 Shelby GT 500 Supercharged with drag radials at the dragstrip, he ran 7.99, I ran 7.45. Pissed him right off. Beat him about 5 car lengths.

To my knowledge, since the early 2000's, all Roush and Saleen Mustangs come in stages or packages. A Stage 1 Roush is essentially appearance with maybe upgraded exhaust and intake and then each progressive stage gets less appearance upgrades and more performance (and $$$) and that's why it's hard to tell which is which because they mostly all look the same, but usually have a decal or badge indicating what stage they are, but they aren't always ambiguous. The Saleens tend to be a little more performance oriented IIRC, but like Roush, they come in different levels. Ralph should be able to give more insite.

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

12.2 / Walk your @ss with the top down! lol

What year is this man ?

Awesome looking car. Friend has a 03 terminator with some simple bolt on's done to it. other friend has a gt-500 with lot's of mods. I would take the 03 over the gt-500 tho.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back