Fidanza

madmanadam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Fidanza flywheel, everywhere I look they are back ordered. any vendors carry in stock?

No problem, hope it works out for you.

Light flywheels suck for trucks, you should actually buy a heavier one!!!

I disagree. I had an aluminum flywheel (Fidanza) in the SRT-10 when I lost my 2nd Centerforce clutch (years ago). I decided to go with the McLeod twin disc. They recommended I use the heavy flywheel, so I trusted their advice....proceeded to LOSE 2 tenths in my ET and the street snappiness was gone. I stayed with it for about 6 months, then called McLeod and ordered their aluminum flywheel to go with the twin disc clutch. With the aluminum flywheel I got back my 2 tenths ET and the instant street acceleration was back....no more bog. As a side note I went with the aluminum flywheel in my heavy CTS V Cadillac...made the car quicker and easier to launch. With the heavy flywheel it was a fine line between Bog and Lighting the tires.....now with the aluminum flywheel it does not bog and does not blow the tires off on the launch. Experience talking.

The new SRT-10 will have an aluminum flywheel. Starting the new engine next Thursday or Friday (I hope!).

I disagree. I had an aluminum flywheel (Fidanza) in the SRT-10 when I lost my 2nd Centerforce clutch (years ago). I decided to go with the McLeod twin disc. They recommended I use the heavy flywheel, so I trusted their advice....proceeded to LOSE 2 tenths in my ET and the street snappiness was gone. I stayed with it for about 6 months, then called McLeod and ordered their aluminum flywheel to go with the twin disc clutch. With the aluminum flywheel I got back my 2 tenths ET and the instant street acceleration was back....no more bog. As a side note I went with the aluminum flywheel in my heavy CTS V Cadillac...made the car quicker and easier to launch. With the heavy flywheel it was a fine line between Bog and Lighting the tires.....now with the aluminum flywheel it does not bog and does not blow the tires off on the launch. Experience talking.

The new SRT-10 will have an aluminum flywheel. Starting the new engine next Thursday or Friday (I hope!).

It was sarcasm Jerry, I've got the fidanza in my truck too.

He's being sarcastic because the old school thought on alum flywheels by people in the "know" said it was the worst mistake they made, pulled it out and threw it in the trash, lol. After a couple guys said it was no good, everyone assumed they were right! They were dead wrong! I myself have shaved 2-3/10 from the alum flywheel swap in a 4 door. Obviously it's doing something right, lol.
Think those guys sold out anyway and bought Viper cars :p and aren't here any longer. Except maybe a stray visit:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back