Firefox Sh*ts the Bed:

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This morning after several system reboots on the modem, router and cpu, I was still having trouble accessing the web with Mozilla Firefox. I went to EI and it was fine....

I tried system restore to no avail.

So, I uninstalled Firefox and the problems went away.....

Funny thing is, that I first installed and switched to Firefox because of some issues I had with an inablility to install the latest version of Adobe Flash and ActiveX controls.... (YouTube wouldn't play) But now that I have unistalled Firefox, I still have the ability to play YouTube videos thru IE.

But I still can't understand why Firefox was giving me so much trouble... It actually was causing my entrie system to freeze solid....

Any opinions....?

D

Hey Tim, did you happen to get an upgrade of firefox lately? I did just this morning and I've been having some issues with speed and connectivity. Right now I'm running 3.01, but it is for Mac.

OCBob said:
Hey Tim, did you happen to get an upgrade of firefox lately? I did just this morning and I've been having some issues with speed and connectivity. Right now I'm running 3.01, but it is for Mac.

Since I'd only had Firefox for a week or so, I only presumed (error?) that I had the latest version..... Maybe not.

The fkn tabs were driving me nuts anyway..... :eek:

D

Sorry I missed your call Tim. Is that what it was about??

I am still running Firefox and have not experienced any issues whatsoever... :dontknow:

I am glad to hear that the applets are working for you on youtube in IE though.

Have you installed anything else on your system recently?

If you want I will try to remote into your machine and give it a good once over using GoToAssist Express. It's free for both of us, and risk free too.

A friend of mine uses it all the time to handle distant clients and recommended it to me.

Let me know and I will give you the site and a password to use.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back