First Dyno

SRT-Great

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her dyno'd a few weeks ago and I want to know what you guys think for stock? One thing that raises a flag is the A/F ratio, isn't suppose to be 12's:1? Any idea's on what I can do to lower it?

Three runs are 378hp/429tq 347hp/418tq 366hp/400tp

While the A/F stayed 15:1

The HP is low because it is starving for fuel.....plus a 15:1 AF at WOT is a recipe for a blown engine.....I would not put that engine under load until you get a tuner on it...

Got her dyno'd a few weeks ago and I want to know what you guys think for stock? One thing that raises a flag is the A/F ratio, isn't suppose to be 12's:1? Any idea's on what I can do to lower it?

one thing, its not stock, something has been done, most stock are rich as pigs, you are on the edge of spending 10-20k, you best get the air ratio down before you go wot again, jsut a word of precaution sir

honestly you really need to find out why its that high, but I would start by double checking everything , plugs make sur ethey are correct, second check the pcm, its located on the pass side firewall, see if it has anything like a decal or sticker on it from anyone, saying maybe BG, DC, stage II, but I would get an SCT from Torrie at [email protected], mention JTSVP and get the deal, but to be able to monitor things yourself also I do suggest a AEM wideband air/fuel guage, they are the best bet at keeping tabs on what your tune is doing

Any mods done to it? or totally stock?

Yeah ur very lean, the A/F should never go over 12.5 WOT and should be around 14.7 at idle and steady RPM. An A/F gauge is one of they best gauges u can put in your truck,I would even put a fuel pressure gauge in, then u will know if your losing fuel pressure causing it to lean out due to a weak fuel pump, should be around 58-60 psi on gauge.

Deja Vu all over again?:p

Seriously, you are way lean and may blow the engine. Stink's got it right. Check to see what mod's you have. Get an SCT from Torrie and re-dyno your truck. But, for now, don't load the engine up!

There are no stickers on the PCM.

Also, I replaced the fuel pump assembly six months ago and it had a new filter on it. I also cleaned the fuel injectors at that time. Is there another fuel filter I don't know about?

There are no stickers on the PCM.

Also, I replaced the fuel pump assembly six months ago and it had a new filter on it. I also cleaned the fuel injectors at that time. Is there another fuel filter I don't know about?

No thats the only fuel filter.

Is there anything else I can do beside a tune to get the A/F where it should be? I'm currently getting with him to get a SCT tuner.

I'd take what TNVIPER had to say,

And you specified having replaced and cleaned fuel related parts, so it could be where this problem lies. I'd guess injector(s) failure or possibly bad plug, but you didn't mention any codes thrown. I'd back track to confirm they are all working. Did you feel a difference in performance prior to the change or after? Honestly, I felt a difference with 1 misfiring cylinder and my code appeared once. After I cleared it, it never came back but the problem was still there, and I was down on power. It was until I did my inspection that I found the problem. Now I feel all 10!

You have an 04' so unable to tell knock. Everyone who mentioned to buy a A/F gauge and fuel pressure gauge, they are right! Then you can narrow it down yourself if you are so inclined before doing a tune.

Last edited:
No codes, and After the fuel pump was replace I did notice a big difference in power

Get a fuel pressure gauge on it!!! Make sure that new fuel pump isnt defective. Those A/F numbers are scary bad.

Yeah, I've got a SCT tuner shipping tomorrow from Torri. He says it'll fix my problem. I'll still look at getting an A/F gauge anyone know of a used one for sale?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back