First Hand Look at a Billy Boat Exhaust Installation

Psycho1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may already know, to meet one of our vendors first hand and have them do thier very special work on our trucks is quite a privilege to say the least.

I recently had the opportunity to visit Billy Boat Performance and have one of the finest exhaust systems avaliable for our trucks installed.

My arrival at the facility around 7:45 a.m.
TheBBFacility001.jpg

TheBBFacility003.jpg

Eric who in in charge of operations met me in the lobby and after a short wait, directed me to pull into the installation bay.....
MyBBExhaust004.jpg

He goes over the whole stock exhaust system with me and points out where all the restriction points are......
MyBBExhaust001.jpg

MyBBExhaust005.jpg

Time to start removing the stock system.....
MyBBExhaust011.jpg

MyBBExhaust012.jpg

MyBBExhaust015.jpg

MyBBExhaust018.jpg

Eric is also in charge of R&D, which includes Dyno tuning to ensure that Billy Boat Exhaust provides the best fit and performance. In the next few photo's, Eric custom fits my midpipes with Eastern Hi Flow Cats and the nessessary bungs for O2sensors and my AEM Wideband sensor.......
MyBBExhaust019.jpg

MyBBExhaust020.jpg

MyBBExhaust021.jpg

MyBBExhaust022.jpg

MyBBExhaust023.jpg

MyBBExhaust009.jpg

MyBBExhaust033.jpg

Here is a close up of the buisiness end of a Eastern 3" 200 cell metalic foil Hi Flow cat....
MyBBExhaust034.jpg

Once the midpipes are placed, the beautiful polished Stainless steel muffler goes on.....
MyBBExhaust024.jpg

MyBBExhaust017.jpg

Then the tailpipes are carefully placed.......
MyBBExhaust025.jpg

MyBBExhaust026.jpg

Finally, everything gets checked for clearance and fit before tightening all the fasteners and clamps.

Here are the before installation photo's.....
MyBBExhaust003.jpg

Note the yellow tape used to protect the starter cable from being grounded out.....
MyBBExhaust016.jpg

MyBBExhaust002.jpg

And this is the after photo's of the full 3", manifold back, T-304 stainless steel, hi flow cat, dual 4" tipped exhaust system......
MyBBExhaust030.jpg

MyBBExhaust028.jpg

MyBBExhaust027.jpg

Needless to say, this system makes a dramatic difference in the trucks overall sound. B&B's muffler design (which I will cover in my next segment) keeps most of the sound out back and keeps droan out of the cab. The deep, rich, robust sound mimics that of any 500 ci big block engine with just a touch higher tone and NO obnoxious, raspy snap!! Truly awesome!!

Power? B&B claims 39 h.p and 46 ft. lbs. You can definitely feel that extra power through the middle of the powerband.

I worked with Torrie at Unleashed to fine tune my mapping and the new found top end rush matches the midrange thrust. The total package is incredible.

Dodge Ram SRT-10 Exhaust Applications from Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

You got a lift at home to clean the underside of that truck?

oh, nice addition to the spare tire.

very nice setup and damn, the underside of that truck looks brand new. Whats your secret? you got 50 mexican kids working for you? lol.

very nice setup and damn, the underside of that truck looks brand new. Whats your secret?:aetsch::aetsch: you got 50 "LEGAL" mexican kids working for you?:itsme::itsme: lol.

would that work?????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

very very nice:rock::rock::rock:

glad to see that B&B got rid of the flanges & went slip joint:rock::rock::rock:

fuel mileage should jump up also. i know i know, just what happens when ya let her breathe out her butt:aetsch:

does B&B's muffler act as an H/X pipe????:dontknow:

damn man looks very clean. I was just in Mesa, AZ saturday and sunday too. Wish i would of known id love to hear how see sounds. I was off Higley and guadalupe all weekend!! Def need to give you a holler next time im there

The B&B Exprience

Nope! Jack Stands and a creeper with crappy old rags on.

Yeah, the addition does crack a smile or two! Every billy bad ass bulldog should be show'n a pair!;)

As all have already said that is the cleanest under body I have seen on any truck. The B&B's just add to it. How many miles do you have on it? I will setup a local get together soon.

Rudolph :rock:

damn man looks very clean. I was just in Mesa, AZ saturday and sunday too. Wish i would of known id love to hear how see sounds. I was off Higley and guadalupe all weekend!! Def need to give you a holler next time im there

I did post my appointment and I also live in the east valley around the 202 and University;) Let me lnow next time you are in the valley.

As all have already said that is the cleanest under body I have seen on any truck. The B&B's just add to it. How many miles do you have on it? I will setup a local get together soon.

Rudolph :rock:

Thanks for the compliment! 30,600 something....... It's nice NOT to have it as a daily driver I tell ya. Living in Arizona also helps;). However, when I do take it out I always find myself "hunting". :D

Last edited:
I have the same setup except for the hi flo cats. Mine was installed by Tator's garage in S. Salem but he knows the boys at B&B very well.

The look and sound of the system is awesome.

Very nice job!

Beautiful pictures man. Those really help. Please take some vids. Mainly 0-100mph Wide Open Throttle plz :)

the muffler installment sounds very interestin:rock::rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back