For all you Quad Cab owners...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lottotruck, Aug 30, 2008.

Car Parts
  1. Lottotruck

Lottotruck Full Access Member

How much room really is in the back of these trucks? Can you comfortably sit a couple of adults back there if need be for a quick tour of the town? :confused:

I'm really looking to purchase a SRT-10 quad cab for a few reasons. One is for the recreational/theraputic reason:burnout: but, mainly, though, I'm going to be working with my wife (part time) as a real estate agent here in SW Florida soon (I just gotta pass the State exam this week or next). I want to get a truck, but not some ordinary truck. When I meet clients, I want to make a statement...give them something to remember me by, rather than the regular old SUV or Minivan (like the wife's Town & Country). That's one BIG reason I have been looking at the Viper Trucks. Maybe a Yellow Fever is the way to go! :top: It won't be for 7 day a week house showings but, instead for an occassional client tour of the area or a few showings here and there (otherwise I'll use the wife's T&C!). Gas mileage won't be a big concern here, since I won;t be traveling that far. Besides, I don't think a Hemi is that much better on gas anyway (although I've been eyeballing a couple of burnt orange Daytona's too!). :) I will still have a full time job plus this real estate gig.

What are your all thoughts? Would you be comfortable riding around the area in a SRT10 QC looking at houses?:dontknow:

2. BurntRubber

BurntRubber New Member Supporting Member

here are sizes for you
    Chevy extended cab < Dodge Quad cab < Chevy/Ford Crew cab < Dodge Megacab

My 06QC has a longer bed but is smaller in the rear seats than my 07 silverado crew cab.

3. tinygiants

tinygiants Active Member Supporting Member

I have put 2 adults in the back. The shoulder room is fine, but the leg room is slightly cramped.

4. wyoramsrt-10

wyoramsrt-10 New Member Supporting Member

I think the room is alright for short trips. But it does seem like the back is pretty straight up and down. The car seat would barely fit in the facing backwords with the seat all the way forward and that made it real uncomfortable for the front passenger.

5. Big Worm

Big Worm Full Access Member

If you are trying to make a statement i would make sure you that you get that YF, and then make it look like Amtrucker22 or 6pkattack

6. Floor

Floor Full Access Member

as they said, ok for short trips, backs are to straight to be totally comfortable, legspace at the limit. But it will do for me (i'm sitting behind the wheel anyway:rock: )

7. ntw0rk

ntw0rk New Member Supporting Member

I have had as many as 3 back there, and never had any complaints about the seating. If you drive it correctly, they are too impressed by the power to worry about the comfort!!;)

8. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 Active Member Supporting Member

THANKS!

I think for tours around town it would be just fine as long as your clients are not too tall. The trucks sit high so that is good for sightseeing. Something to consider though, our trucks are a little hard to get in to unless you drop it down some.

YF is hard to forget... That is why I don't get train horns in my truck :D :p

9. Jeff Kehoe

Jeff Kehoe Full Access Member

Im gonna have to say that I had an Avalanche before the SRT-10, and there is no comparison between the 2. The Chevy had the nicest ride of any truck Ive been in, pleny of room, and you could customize it with the leftover money. It was by FAR the best vehicle I have ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ram, but the vehicles are worlds apart. But then again, if you're really trying to make a statement, A YF is the way to go. I get compliments almost every time I drive her.

10. GILMO'S10

GILMO'S10 Full Access Member

I have had 6 people cruising the mountains of N.C.While I dont sit in the back and it may not be the most comfy it does the job.Also go to alot of football games and the extra room really comes in handy.For me and my needs the Q/C is the way to go.Now if I could only talk the wife into letting me get a reg.cab also I would be all set!!

11. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Active Member Supporting Member

1. I have loaded 5 big ass Navy/Marines in my truck with no complaints. They are too busy holding on for their life.
    2. What if the people who are looking for a house happen to be ultra environmentists? A Hybrid SUV would go over better.

12. TNVIPER

TNVIPER Active Member Supporting Member

I had an 05 SRT10 QC back when I first joined this forum...well actually it was my wife's.;) ..like was said above the back seat is straight up & down, little short on leg room but comfortable enough for around town and short road trips.....I think it would be fine for hauling clients and would probably stimulate conversation (has this thing got a Hemi?).......

One thing needs to be done and another needs not to be done..

Get the truck lowered and put on side steps or you will make the wrong statement when the fatazz client cant pull themselves up into the truck..

Do not add a loud exhaust...while I love to hear my exhaust roar my wife hates it. If we were lookin at houses and she rode in a loud car she would not call that realitor again..

13. Lottotruck

Then, we probably wouldn't get along anyway, but it would be a fun ride though!:p Should I hide the overhead display that reads 9 mpg!;)

14. Lottotruck

That's my thought anyway. Does anyone know how the running boards that are on the Daytona's work? I kinda like how they are color keyed to match the truck. They don't stand out that much!

I would keep the truck relatively quiet. I got the Mustang if I want loud!:burnout:

15. Lottotruck

Yeah, those Chevy's are probably the best riding trucks I've ever been in. I kinda been eyeballing the Caddy version of the Avalanche, but alot of people have those. Plus, with all that extra frilly stuff, just leads to more to break!:(

I also like the Harley Davaidson F-Series trucks too, but I have to be careful...I might wind up with a F250 Crew cab 4x4 w/a Powerstroke in it!:p

16. SRTINCT

SRTINCT Full Access Member

If you want your clients to walk away with an impression of you as a successful realtor, don't tote them around in a pickup truck even if it is a 10. Most people won't know and will walk away thinking it's still a pickup. The only people you may impress would be the husbands who are car guys which narrows the field even more. Remember that when it comes to buying homes it's the wife who must be sold so you should be catering to her first.

17. TNVIPER

TNVIPER Active Member Supporting Member

Any running board designed for any Dodge QC of that year will work..

18. Gquinn1980

Gquinn1980 New Member Supporting Member

I drove mine to Vegas(1500 miles) and back with 4 adults in it with no complaints.

19. ChrisAZ

ChrisAZ Full Access Member

Bad idea. The ride is too harsh, the seating is cramped, the ride is too harsh, and getting in and out is too difficult. Did I say the ride is too harsh?

20. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 Active Member Supporting Member

Hey I sent a question to the YF on ebay and here is the answer:

I do not have a wing for the truck, my reserve is $26,880.00 plus which brings the total to $27,135.85

Just for your info...