Four Cylinders Gaining Popularity

ROKTMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not here.............

Sales of cars with four cylinder engines are on the rise, according to the Power Information Network. Four bangers had a 32.1 percent market share between January 1 and May 14th, 2006. During the same time period in 2005, they had a 29.5 percent share. Six- and eight-cylinder cars both saw a small decline in market share, with their points headed over to the four-cylinder camp. Also interesting are the gains made by four-cylinder cars in this year alone. In the first week of January 2006, four-cylinder cars commanded a 30.1 percent market share. By mid-May, they were up to a 35.4 percent share.

ROKTMAN said:
Not here.............

Sales of cars with four cylinder engines are on the rise, according to the Power Information Network. Four bangers had a 32.1 percent market share between January 1 and May 14th, 2006. During the same time period in 2005, they had a 29.5 percent share. Six- and eight-cylinder cars both saw a small decline in market share, with their points headed over to the four-cylinder camp. Also interesting are the gains made by four-cylinder cars in this year alone. In the first week of January 2006, four-cylinder cars commanded a 30.1 percent market share. By mid-May, they were up to a 35.4 percent share.
Any stats on 10 cylinders, or are they off the chart?:D

l3it3r said:
a four cylinder w/no turbo is worthless.

I used to believe that, but I have to admit mine is fun to drive. 170hp stock, and with an aftermarket Tune and Intake there was a very noticeable increase in power. Revs to 7,500rpms, 6 speed close ratio trans, great suspension and killer brakes! 27mpg around town ain't bad either!

I never thought I'd like a FWD 4 banger, but I enjoy this one. Though, I do wish the Domestic car companies would build something comparable to the WRX and Evo - like an all-wheel-drive Focus RS (turbo'd) like they have in Europe. I'd be on that in seconds flat!:rock:

Silverback said:
4 cylinders? I thought that those were starter motors.:p :D

You are the enganeer, I say you are right on :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back