Freakin Leaks

SHU-DOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Moved to Reno NV from Southrn Calfornia
Looks like its the unit under the power steering fluid box that is leaking and i assume is the AC Condensor. Why would it start leaking? What would it leak?

Also looks like my oil lines are leaking also. Not at the engine but at a junction box of some kind under the K&N air intake. What is it and what does it do????

SO

Tony what are the price for the oil lines you sell? PM me or ill give you a call later.

Thanks SHU

the kits come with two lines, and four adapters, the difference is in the type of line used, the ones for $195 are crimped, a higher pressure hose, and have a lifetime warranty
which knock on wood , I have had one set come back, had them tested and they were not leaking, so to date, not one to date has had a problem:rock:

SHU-DOG said:
Looks like its the unit under the power steering fluid box that is leaking and i assume is the AC Condensor. Why would it start leaking? What would it leak?

Also looks like my oil lines are leaking also. Not at the engine but at a junction box of some kind under the K&N air intake. What is it and what does it do????

SO

Tony what are the price for the oil lines you sell? PM me or ill give you a call later.

Thanks SHU

The unit under the power steering pump is the A/C compressor and they dont leak. Your leak is most likely the power steering pump or pressure line.

The "junction box" is a oil cooler.

yellowfever#154 said:
The unit under the power steering pump is the A/C compressor and they dont leak. Your leak is most likely the power steering pump or pressure line.

The "junction box" is a oil cooler.

OK thanks.

Thats what i thought.

I will have to get it up in the air and take a closer look and see which it is.

Tony may be getting a couple of orders from me it looks like.

SHU

check the fitting right at the pump where the hi pressure line goes in, now, the line and the fitting are two differnt parts, the line can be had, but dodge dotn have the fitting to go on it:eek: viperhauler and I ran into that prob, and it looks like a quick disconnect, but the way they install it is , well, aint no dang sense in it:confused:

OK i have only glanced at it.

The top line(pressure?) coming off the power steering pump just below the fill box is loose. It looks like a simple nut?

There looks to be a simple squeese clamp on the line coming out of the fill box is good.

Then there looks to be one more larger tube coming out of the bottom of the fill box? Cant really see it to well.

Am i going to have to bleed this sytem??

Tony-how are your cheaper oil cooler lines different than stock ones? Am i better off with yours for the price?

Thanks SHU

SHU-DOG said:
OK i have only glanced at it.

The top line(pressure?) coming off the power steering pump just below the fill box is loose. It looks like a simple nut?

There looks to be a simple squeese clamp on the line coming out of the fill box is good.

Then there looks to be one more larger tube coming out of the bottom of the fill box? Cant really see it to well.

Am i going to have to bleed this sytem??

Tony-how are your cheaper oil cooler lines different than stock ones? Am i better off with yours for the price?

Thanks SHU

the top line is usually the one that gets loose, dodges design is craap, the way the fitting is held onto the line allows it to wear into the line creating a leak, and really there is no easy way to fix it without a new line, or cutting welding a new fitting and blah blah or getting a set from tada!

:D
those bottom two are returns and have very little pressure on them, at most a clamp may sometimes get loose and cause a leak.

on the cheaper oil lines, they are braided with an fittings and pump adapters, now over time with them an -an adapter will tend to "seep" or , how should I put it, you may see over a year or so a film or where the fititng is a dusting of dusty oil , not really a leak , in other words you can wipe them off and you may not see anything else for a month or two, but they are stll ten times over what the oem lines are, sealing and lasting, you want have to worry about a "leak" frm the lines

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
the top line is usually the one that gets loose, dodges design is craap, the way the fitting is held onto the line allows it to wear into the line creating a leak, and really there is no easy way to fix it without a new line, or cutting welding a new fitting and blah blah or getting a set from tada!

Go figure. LOL Can that nut be tightened up or am i just delaying the problem?

:D
those bottom two are returns and have very little pressure on them, at most a clamp may sometimes get loose and cause a leak.

on the cheaper oil lines, they are braided with an fittings and pump adapters, now over time with them an -an adapter will tend to "seep" or , how should I put it, you may see over a year or so a film or where the fititng is a dusting of dusty oil , not really a leak , in other words you can wipe them off and you may not see anything else for a month or two, but they are stll ten times over what the oem lines are, sealing and lasting, you want have to worry about a "leak" frm the lines

OK looks like i will be getting some oil lines very soon. Just gottah get some money in the account.

Can i get the lines with RED Fittings? RED Braid?

Replacing the "stock" lines will be the BEST money you will ever spend for an upgrade. The PS line is a "ticking" time bomb it will leak for a while and when it lets go its a MESS! You will need some Crow's foot wrenches and PATIENCE when replacing it though! Good Luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back