Fuel filler tube relocation

Thomas J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door handles have been shaved front and back. Would be interested in shaving fuel door and relocating access behind flip down license plate bracket like some 60-70's vehicles. Tubing looks easy to reroute and filler connection too. I'm thinking the older cars must have had some baffling system to prevent fuel from flowing out of the neck during acceleration due to height of access compared to fuel tank height. Other concern would be if heights might be an issue in filling tank completely. Anyone have any experience in this area or some good thoughts? Going to shave tailgate handle as well, but have that one figured out without issue.

I always thought about shaving the fuel door and putting fill tube in rear drivers side bed stake pocket. Weld in a flush mound motorcycle cap to keep it sealed and blended in. Would need to raise the bed cover to access it but that would be a plus in my mind.

old cars had a sealed cap and a vent line at the top of the tank. relocationg the existing fill point is a great idea but would need to be above the tank. There is a rollover protection in the fill hose that creates problems . Just install a fuel cell in the box! :D 3-15# nitrous bottles and 2 fuel cells side by each!! one cell for premium and the other for 115 unleaded extreme! ..... time to mod already!!!

Would be slick with all that gear in the box, but then I'd have to stop using it as a truck and hauling all kinds of stuff like plywood and such. Now the idea of a fill tube in the stake pocket might be an answer. No issues with levels between filler and tank and I don't mind popping the cover to fuel. Really like the license plate frame idea, but might be too much of an issue to get right. Thanks for the ideas fellas!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back