Gen II powered D100

D100SRT

Reaction score
Picked up this truck a year ago while on leave from the Army, its a 1972 D100 shortbed that had a running 400 big block with a 727 behind it. My plans for its since day one was to slam it down to the ground with a turbo'd powerplant to move it down the road.

I started off the frame work by raising the front frame section so that the rest of the frame could lay out flat on the ground.

Next on the list was getting the rear suspension in order. I purchased a triangulated bag on bar 4 link kit, air lift 2600lb bags, two Viar 444 compressors, a 5 gallon air tank, SMC 3/8ths valves, and a 20 gallon fuel cell. The truck is currently running 22x9.5 wheels but plan to get a wider 12 or 14" width wheel for the rear to handle the extra power. I got rid of the original 8 3/4 rear and installed a Corporate 9.25" with a 3.55 posi diff out of a 2002 Ram in order to take advantage of the factory large disk brakes.

With the rear suspension tied up, I moved on to fitting the bed. I raised the floor up about 7" to clear the step notch in the frame. I like the stealth appearance of everything hidden under the bedfloor. The rear axle will have to be narrowed to fit the wheels, so Im having the axle narrowed a little extra so that when i get the wider wheels later on I wont have to redo it.

[URL=http://s138.photobucket.com/user/kotajoe/media/IMG_20140910_201911.jpg.html]

d1fca49f-6ae2-49a7-9871-e5235cbc3c06.jpg
[/URL]

So this is where the truck is at now, I dropped the truck off last weekend at Nfamus Air Suspension where they will be designing control arms to work with the 2002 Ram spindles that I will be running on this truck. Once again I was looking for a cheap big disk brake setup and there were no options available for these old trucks. Once the truck returns from Nfamus I will begin the fun of installing the Viper powertrain and getting this thing back on the road.

Yeah, this will be my 4th bagged truck that I've owned. I've had two bagged Dakotas and a Mazda B2200 in the past, and helped friends with their air ride setups on their projects. This is however my first attempt at an engine swap. I ordered some repair parts for the engine today, I now fully understand why I got the engine as cheap as I did, replacement parts arent cheap hahaha

Yeah, this will be my 4th bagged truck that I've owned. I've had two bagged Dakotas and a Mazda B2200 in the past, and helped friends with their air ride setups on their projects. This is however my first attempt at an engine swap. I ordered some repair parts for the engine today, I now fully understand why I got the engine as cheap as I did, replacement parts arent cheap hahaha

no but should be worth it in the end. keep your eye on the prize

I hope so for as much money as im dropping into this turd haha

yeah, bump for more pics…

when ya bringing it to Vega so i can drive……… sorry, take a ride in it…….:D

I wish I had updates for you guys, but the truck is still at the chassis shop getting the front suspension built. About the only thing that has happened is I finished getting the front accessory drive on the engine back together and gathered a few parts for the rest of the truck such as brakes and new floor pans. As soon as I get the truck back ill be throwing that engine in and getting some progress pics for ya

Some progress has been made in the last couple of weeks. Rear axle was narrowed 8" and the front suspension is close to being finished

Hopefully it will be finished at the shop soon so I can start the engine install

A little more progress, its almost done at the fab shop. Waiting on the new axle shafts to show up from Mosier and the steering needs to be finished, hopefully home in a week or two

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back