Gen IV+ engine swap possible?

Jonezy05QC

Reaction score
Just daydreaming today of all the mods that I can't afford, and it crossed my mind. Has anyone done this or know of it done? Is it possible (with all electrical matching up) without major customizations. I dont know a whole lot of any other gen (or ours for that matter), and obviously cost wise vs additional power probably isn't worth it. I'm assuming from 06 to now there has been a few tweaks and improvements. I believe 135 horses worth on the current gen. Anyways, enough of my rant. Just wanted to see everyone's thoughts on the subject.

MOPAR has a Gen 4 kit (heads intake ECU etc.). There is a member from Texas that made the swap. Trainman is currently doing a build on his truck with Gen 4 heads.

It can be done, just bring the $$$:D

Really? That's pretty sweet. I can only imagine the cost... I couldn't find any threads on this. Have a link by any chance?

Has anybody played with anything Gen V yet on any website? Heads?, manifold?, ECU?

I believe Trainman's build includes a gen 5 intake manifold.

I see a few people have converted to Gen4 heads and cams....
Has anyone done a straight swap and fitted the whole engine?
I'm to believe all the engine mounts are the same, and with an aftermarket ECU should all fire up ok?

For the 100 hp gain and cost with doing a Gen 4/5 swap you can procharge your truck and triple that hp gain and forge the Gen 3 engine you have.

I know of a couple and they didn't swap cam and made similar to stock numbers and were disappointing. With a simple cam swap it woulda been beast. Same power can be had with a correct gen3 build and for less invested. ;)

You want to do something insane? Call Arrow. They have 9 and 10 Litre blocks....

another 1/2 an atmosphere (7 psi boost) is like having a 750 ci displacement. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back