got a Q on Dc performance PCM/flash

ramviper10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that this is the best mod to do to the truck how much does it cost and how much HP does it increase by n do u have to program all the mods on the truck at the moment???? don't know much bout it any help n info would help thnxs
jimmy

You can either send in your pcm to them for reprogramming for about $600 I think. Or you can buy a new pcm and they will program your vin into it for around $900 or $950, not sure also on the price. But for the qc, it really wakes it up. My friend took over a second off his quarter mile runs. You do not have to reprogram for other mods.....cept maybe if you get a blower.

patrick

koo koo cuz this is something i really want to do wats the defrence if i send my pcm to get reprogramed or buy one from them ?

If you care about your warranty you might want to purchase a new pcm and switch out when you gotta go to the dealer or if you plan on towing. If it doesnt matter just send in yours to them and they will re flash. Money difference is around $350 I think for the cost of new pcm.

patrick

now since i think about it i rather get a new PCM n switch out like u said koo kooo i guess thats ganna be my next mod to the truck

i already orders a JMB CAI ,Magnaflow catback, n might get the roe oil breather those r the mods for now next or headers PCM flash x-metal lowering kit

ramviper10 said:
i already orders a JMB CAI ,Magnaflow catback, n might get the roe oil breather those r the mods for now next or headers PCM flash x-metal lowering kit

Nice..........really nice dude!!! Your looking good already! Mods are f#cking addicting thats for sure!!:D :burnout:

patrick

so what is the gains for a rc? And what if you get exhaust and other upgrades after you get the computer , do you have to send it back in?

why i am asking is because i am going to order my air intake in a couple days and was thinking about going ahead and getting my exhaust right now too, but what would give me more performance now ,,,the computer or exhaust? as i cant afford both right now but can afford only one other upgrade besides my air intake

stick said:
so what is the gains for a rc? And what if you get exhaust and other upgrades after you get the computer , do you have to send it back in?

why i am asking is because i am going to order my air intake in a couple days and was thinking about going ahead and getting my exhaust right now too, but what would give me more performance now ,,,the computer or exhaust? as i cant afford both right now but can afford only one other upgrade besides my air intake

Computer will give your more performance then the exhaust. The PCM will be adjusting your timing, turning your fan on sooner etc. Here is the complete list:
Revised premium fuel & timing tables - (91 or 93 oct)

Shift points raised to 5950 rpm

Rev limit raised to 6200 rpm

Torque management removed automatic only

Cooling fan duty cycle modified

Check out the web site http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/

If you got the PCM now and then later added some exhaust or intake work you will still be OK. Just reset the PCM by unhooking the battery. Then drive around so the computer can relearn your new mods. Actual gains on Max HP will not be a whole lot. Where you will see the big gains will be in the lower RPM's. I think you are looking at gains ofr about 30 RWHP. Does this help?

yes it does thankyou,,,, i guess as soon as i get off this boat i will be installing my JMB air intake and a new pcm . who would be the best person to get this from.

after i install these two things i will be giving spyder a call and see if the beast can walk away from that L

Last edited:
where is it located in our trucks? I have heard it is a easy swap

stick said:
where is it located in our trucks? I have heard it is a easy swap

As you are facing the truck looking into the engine bay look to the left on the firewall (passenger side) and you will see the PCM. It has 3 plugs and 3 screws. Takes just a few minutes to swap out. Start with the bottom screw as it is the hardest.

Found this old post.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Finally got my PCM installed last night (and Raptor light :D ).
The Stage 2 flash definitely performs as advertised on the RC's. The throttle response is better and the idle smoother. I still have some popping in the Magnaflows when decellerating, but not as much as before.

First impression running through the gears at speed was OMG! :eek:
The best way I can decsribe it is to say that when stock, the truck ran hard, but REALLY screamed from 5000 rpms to shift. Now, the screaming starts at around 3000 rpms continues all the way to shift. :D This mod HAS to be a significant improvement in 1/4 mile ETs.

The truck should have performed this way stock. I am impressed.
Great job B&G and thanks for the hook up DC Performance! ;)

:D

FlyingLow said:
Found this old post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTruck2933
Finally got my PCM installed last night (and Raptor light ).
The Stage 2 flash definitely performs as advertised on the RC's. The throttle response is better and the idle smoother. I still have some popping in the Magnaflows when decellerating, but not as much as before.

First impression running through the gears at speed was OMG!
The best way I can decsribe it is to say that when stock, the truck ran hard, but REALLY screamed from 5000 rpms to shift. Now, the screaming starts at around 3000 rpms continues all the way to shift. This mod HAS to be a significant improvement in 1/4 mile ETs.

The truck should have performed this way stock. I am impressed.
Great job B&G and thanks for the hook up DC Performance!

I'm considering getting the PCM flash for my QC and have been trying to reach Dan @ DC Peformance via email and phone w/o success. Maybe he'll contact me if he see this.

In any event, I'm confused by the responses in this thread. I know that B&G does their own PCM work, because I had my Durango's PCM reflashed by them. What they do and what they charge for flashing the QC PCM is clearly stated in their website.

However, I can't get similiar information about what DC Peformance does or charges.

Does DC Performance use it's "own" PCM flash program or does it just use B&G's program (either by license in house by shipping it out to B&G), and, if DC Peformance has its own flash program, how is it similar or different than what B&G does for the QC and what does it cost?

Marty,
I think the only differance between DC/Boomer/B&G is timing. Some might be a little more aggressive then the others. I think everything else is the same. TRQ mangement, Fan on sooner, shift points, etc. Back in the day BG made the stage 1 and DC had the stage 2. I think DC and Boomer use B&G's through a license or something similar. Can't really go wrong with either. I dealt with B&G for an upgrade from stage 1 to 2 and then to the blower flash. I had no problems and great service. If you can't get ahold of DC then try B&G as Boomer might still be laid up.

FlyingLow said:
Marty,
I think the only differance between DC/Boomer/B&G is timing. Some might be a little more aggressive then the others. I think everything else is the same. TRQ mangement, Fan on sooner, shift points, etc. Back in the day BG made the stage 1 and DC had the stage 2. I think DC and Boomer use B&G's through a license or something similar. Can't really go wrong with either. I dealt with B&G for an upgrade from stage 1 to 2 and then to the blower flash. I had no problems and great service. If you can't get ahold of DC then try B&G as Boomer might still be laid up.

ramviper10, you may want to ask them privately on that issue. I don't think they write openly about it (what their actual timing numbers, fuel, etc). If there is a difference between B&Gs and Boomers, it probably isn't a huge difference. I have the breakout of Boomer's stage 2, so if someone has a flash directly from B&G we can compare. Once again, we probably won't post the numbers since it could hurt our forum vendors' business. They have done research, trial and error to figure out what the best flash would be for us. Bottom line, great upgrade, and most people who have modded have one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back