"H" Pipe and Backfiring....

TNVIPER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimi (ROZ-SRT) had posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about installing an "H" pipe in his exhaust....it really sounded great and Jimi said it reduced backfiring quite abit. I had the "H" installed on my truck Friday...It is like a different truck now as far as backfiring goes...

No loud backfires and almost no popping between gears....I get a little popping when coasting in gear but none of the loud backfires that I had before.

There was little or no change in the sound of the exhaust but I was not looking to change the sound as it sounded perfect to me before...except for the annoying backfiring....I am running no cats with Magnaflow Catback...

Thanks Jimi!! I no longer grit my teeth when shifting gears now..:)

I meant to bring my camera to the shop and forgot. I had it installed about 6" in front of the muffler just after the point where the mid-pipes become vertical to each other...........Jimi has some pictures in his thread I believe..

did you do a h pipe or x

opps i read back i see u did the h

See ! I told ya'll months ago to use an "H" pipe and everyone argued against it : "don't need it", "use an "X",blah,blah ,blah.

Glad to see that others are PROVING that it works and works d_ _ n good !:D ;) :rock: :elefant: :D :rock:

HOT RAM said:
See ! I told ya'll months ago to use an "H" pipe and everyone argued against it : "don't need it", "use an "X",blah,blah ,blah.

Glad to see that others are PROVING that it works and works d_ _ n good !:D ;) :rock: :elefant: :D :rock:

Ahhhhhhhh shut up.............;)

I have a full 3'' exhaust on mine with the shorty magnafows:rock: I think they are about 14'' long:dontknow: It sounds awesome but it was just to loud under WOT and poped like crazy:D I went to a muffler shop that does alot of performance installs. He told me to put some glass packs right in front of the mufflers:dontknow:WTF? So I gave in and tried it:( It was the best $100 I have spent on my truck:rock: It sounds much better and no poping at all:D I can hear the Roe now without getting on it real hard:D WHOOP!! WHOOOOOP!!!!:rock:

ya deff scratch both x and h... the popping is a great part of the tone.. i love it.... deff will not be doing a x or h ... thanks for the info :)...

NO matter what set-up you use....you can have your Tuner take out any popping.....:nurse: he just removes the fuel from de-cell.
Mine has never backfired.

Quick

QuickSilver said:
NO matter what set-up you use....you can have your Tuner take out any popping.....:nurse: he just removes the fuel from de-cell.

Quick

How does the PCM/Tuner know the difference in decel and idle . . . ? :dontknow: In both instances the foot is not on the pedal. :confused:

TNVIPER said:
Thanks Jimi!! I no longer grit my teeth when shifting gears now..:)

Glad it worked out for ya bud!! (I can't wait to see ya on the 7th!!! :rock: :rock: )

Can anyone explain how it works? If I opt for no muffler, it seems it would not matter as much because with a muffler, the H would be sending the momentarily higher exhaust pressure to the other pipe but if they were both wide open heading back, wouldn't the high pressure just simply exit? Now I am thinking two glasspacks instead of straight pipes where the muffler is........ I will ask my exhaust guy what he thinks.

QuickSilver said:

Quick

i have a sct tuner and a b& g stage 2 flash but i dont see were i can change that on tuner or does it have to be reprogramed

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back