Had to add on a few things

94rt10ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to wait until winter before doing anything, but 6 days into ownership I had to do some of the basic stuff.

1. This one was free. A mod anyone looking for a clean look should do, rear wheel well liners. I had this set on my 05 Ram, so hense the free thing! You can pickup a set at your local Dodge dealer for $80-$90. Hide all that busy crap under the truck.

052506.3.jpg

052506.4.jpg

2. I knew I wanted a bed liner, but also know my hauling will be limited to furntiure, boxes and the spring flowers for the yard. So I went with a bed rug, nice look for anyone that does not do serious hauling. $395.

052506.1.jpg

052506.2.jpg

3. Just ordered so no pics yet. Oh, and thanks to the members that sent me info on their Tonneaus! I went with a Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit. Note, this does not "fit" the SRT-10. The rail system sits on top of the bed rails and they do not make one that is cut out around the wing. I did however see a demo model at a local truck store, I should be able to notch the rails to fit around the wing. I will then have to put a flair on the edge to match the rest of the rails and repaint, may even go with the same color red as the truck, not sure yet. I went with the Jack Rabbit for a couple reasons. Low profile rail desgin will work with the wing, once I modify the rails. And, they offered a vinyl cover!! There may be others out there, but this was the only one I could find that had a vinyl cover rather than the sectional black painted looking metal.

http://www.pace-edwards.com/jackrabbit.asp

Best price I could find, which was $100 less than everyone else with free shipping! $695.

http://www.tonneau-truck-cover.com/paedjatoco.html

Last edited:
Did you have to do any modifications to the wheel well liner to get it to fit correctly? I heard something to the effect it had to be notched in a few places.

Broke said:
Did you have to do any modifications to the wheel well liner to get it to fit correctly? I heard something to the effect it had to be notched in a few places.

No mods. The clearance between the tire and part of the liner are close, but do not appear to be rubbing. If you have wider tires on your truck it could be an issue, and yes, could be notched. The only thing I had to do was take a few clips off the wheel well lip and put onto the liner.

Installing was harder than on my 05 4x4. You have to jack up the truck to open some clearance between the tire and truck. Remove 4 of the 6 screws holding on the ground effect as those 4 screws are used to hold the liner on. Bottom two on front and rear, leave top screw as it is not needed for the liner. Then there are an additional 3 screws that hold the liner to the back side of the well near the frame.

Wheel well line was 1 of my first mods ,it should had come with it ,cant believe they wanted to save $50 or so on the retail of this truck...

I was told the wheel liners would not work with the stock wheels if the truck was lowered any in the rear.

Does it look like your wheels come close to hitting the liners?

Mine came with wheel liners....had them on a day...rubbed something awful...removed them asap. Strange how some fit?

Here is a pic of the tire and liner where they are the closest. This is a shot of the backside of the tire and the liner. As you can see ample clearance. The only way it could rub is if one side of the rear axle was way up or down.

I do not see how a stock rim and tire would not clear if the liners are installed correctly. If someone had aftermarket rims or wider tires, then yea, could easily rub.

clearance1.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back